Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you guess who?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Can you guess who?

Is playing on this short clip? It's not me, but it is a Fret member.
    Don't spoil it if you've got the same clip from this talented brother fretter.
    Hint- it's miked w/ a Shure SM57...
    It's a Strat played through a Classic 30... No pedals, no kiddin'!
    Straight up rock 'n roll licks, played nice and clean.
    The thumbs up in the title says it all...this guy's goooood!
    IMHO, we need to hear more of his work.

http://www.box.net/public/csk107u4mx
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the Spudmeister ? Huh, huh... is it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, but thanks for playing, Ted. You are a member of the "real good guessers" club in good standing from now on.
    (That was a very good guess, btw.)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a re-tubed Classic 30... Could it beeeee Nels?

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, sorry, Justa, but that's a real good guess.
    Hereafter, you shall be known as "the best guesser so far" of the good guessers club!
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's that guy Oldguy ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, ok.... StingX ?

Post Thanks / Like

No, member Ted of the "real good guessers" club, it's not me, oldguy.
    I shootin' straight with all you little pardners on this.
    It's a member of the fret who posts regularly, I'm not tryin' to pull the wool over anybody's eyes. I just thought it'd be fun to see who can guess it.
    I'll be upfront and honest if anybody guesses it. Honest engine.
    No it's not Sting either, but I can see why you'd think that, the playing is top notch.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My guess is StingX. Based on recording technique and a stated love of playing a strat straight into a tube amp, particularly a C-30.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Teds guess just before mine.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    My guess is StingX. Based on recording technique and a stated love of playing a strat straight into a tube amp, particularly a C-30.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Teds guess just before mine.
    No, but it was a good guess, sunvalleyguesser.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Is it Tone ? ...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Is it Tone ? ...........
    Dang it Ted! You are just a minute ahead of me today. I guess Tone also. He is such a Gibson proponent, he could be "testing" a strat here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Me thinks Oldguy fell asleep at the switch.
    Maybe 6S9L ?

Post Thanks / Like

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!!!

(sorry, getting older requires more trips to the, well, I've had too much coffee today)

Not asleep at the switch.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that is great! I'm with you, I would love to hear more!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

So was it Tone or Six ?

Post Thanks / Like

Allrighty, then...
    The mystery player is... TONE! You ended up being the BESTEST GUESSER, Ted!
    Sunvalley, you were running a close SECOND PLACE! Thanks to everybody who played...
    And now, if you want to re-play that clip, you'll get an idea of how goooood a player Tone really is.... and you can all PM him asking when he's gonna get off his hiney and start cooking on those backing tracks!!!!!

HA,HA,HA, the jokes on you, TONETOTHEBONE!!!
    You didn't think I'd post that clip you sent me, did you? HA,HA,HA
    Now everybody knows you play great!
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Naw, that can't be Tone.... must have been someone else.. I would need to hear and see it in a tonebone message to believe that... maybe with more than a clip attached.... very nice tone... shweeeeeet tone to the bone...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Allow myself to introduce my.....

I would like to split the Grand prize with Steve.
    So.. what do we get ?

Hey Tone, howzaboot getting off your hiney and get cooking on those tracks eh ?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast