Thread: This Spud...is for you...(Greg Bennett D-5 photos)

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Spud...is for you...(Greg Bennett D-5 photos)

I've had this acoustic for several years now. Got it for under $200 brand new.

Attachment 876 Attachment 877 Attachment 878

Attachment 879 Attachment 880

Spud the guitar plays as nice as it looks and sounds even better to discerning ears. I've got a set of Elixirs on there now and it really likes those strings. You may like something else though but I'm sure you'd dig this acoustic.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks beautiful. Clip us, would you? Hey, do you know if they make a rosewood back and sides one? How does this one compare to your Sigma Martin?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Looks beautiful. Clip us, would you? Hey, do you know if they make a rosewood back and sides one? How does this one compare to your Sigma Martin?
    Let me try recording that acoustic for you tomorrow. Btw I just picked up my POD that I put on layaway yesterday! I can't wait to blow doors on that thing!

Try this link....they have different models that you can choose from.

http://www.samickguitar.com/

This guitar doesn't have the Fishman electronics in it that the Sigma Martin does. It's just a plain dreadnought. The big difference is the natural resonance and tone you get with the Samick. It's standard dreadnought size (thickness and body width dimensions) so it's gonna sound large. The Sigma Martin Auditorium is made to be run through a PA or for recording. It's thinner bodied and by itself acoustically it sounds thin. But it sounds nice recorded. I could probably record that one too so you can hear the difference between the two.

Here's some pics of the Sigma Martin...

Attachment 881 Attachment 882
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I already googled and found this:
    http://www.vegasguitars.com/shop/pro...b1a9fba795b992

It is rosewood back and sides with cedar top. I talked to the lady at the store there. Shopping for a friend's teenager's first guitar. They (the store) sound nice, and say they include a setup. No connection, etc.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I played a Fender acoustic that had a cedar top at Grandmas Music around the time I was looking for something. It sounded nice. Warm sounding. But I wanted a traditional Spruce top for it's brightness.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tone for supplying a photo. But, are you Minnie Pearl or something? Is that the price tag still on it?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Thanks Tone for supplying a photo. But, are you Minnie Pearl or something? Is that the price tag still on it?

I left the price tag on my SWR Bass amph for about 6 months. I just like looking at how much I saved on the price.