Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Kinda cool....

Thread: Kinda cool....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kinda cool....

So I'm reading my latest issue of PC Magazine (Feb. 20, '07), specifically the cover article re: best free software, and I come to the category of "Music & Audio". And what do you suppose is the first piece of software listed?? That's right, none other than our old friend Audacity. The lead-in says "This is a powerful audio editing/recording software package that doesn't require much training." Amen, bruddah! A couple of the PC Mag editors even had it on their personal "short list" of favorite free apps!

I think most of the Fretter regulars know about this cool piece of freeware already, but if you don't have some sort of editing/recording software that you're already happy with, definitely check out Audacity HERE.
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; February 3rd, 2007 at 09:25 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It is a definate winner to me for FREE software on a PC... we can't all own macs with garageband.. Let's hope it stays free and is updated to include the graphic side of vst plug-ins... although its pretty cool the way it is..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at Kristal Audio Engine? It is also free, uses VST plugins and its easier to use. My opinion anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Kristal is another cool free editor.. Audacity uses vst also, less the graphic interface associated with the VSTs and being such a basic setup was better for my needs.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.