Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dana guitar (maybe danelectro)

Thread: Dana guitar (maybe danelectro)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dana guitar (maybe danelectro)

please read this knowing that this guitar is very old (at least 20 years).

this guitar I got from my father, which he got from a friend as his first guitar.
    It's ancient, so the manufacturer, Dana has either:

1) changed the name to danelectro.
    2) gone out of business.

It's red with a telecaster body, gibson-like bridge 1 single coil pickup at the neck and a volume and tone nob with a tele headstock that says DANA on it.
    If you can help me, or know someone who can help, find the worth (or at least the storie behind the maker) please reply.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

do you have any pics....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

not to sound like a smart a$$ but did you try google ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snarph
    not to sound like a smart a$$ but did you try google ?
    yes I have tried Google, I've found a bit about a person named Dana something that made "1000 of the world's finest accoustics".
    Also, I'm a bit busy but I'll try to make some as soon as possible.

-anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it has nothing to do with Danelectro. Danelectro is around since the 50's as far I know. Option 2 is probably the right one.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, I'm not sure but maybe its an Alvarez. For a while Alvarez made guitars designed by a guy named Dana Westone, and they put "Dana" on the headstock...but as far as I know they also put Alvarez bigger on the headstock with the Dana logo smaller. (Most of Dana models have a "scoop', which is an extreme cut away that cuts into the guitar way up under the neck, but some Alvarez Danas don't have the scoop).
    Electrics: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/S.D. pups - JB-4/bridge, SH-'59 neck), Fender Fat Strat (Mexican), Squier Fat Tele, Squier '51, Agile Valkyrie III, Ibanez Artcore AF75, Washburn OS OE30 Delta King, Dean Vendetta XM (w/ Dimarzios, D-Sonic/bridge, Air Norton/neck), Silvertone archtop (late 60s/early 70s), Titan EG-1 strat, Gibson G-3 bass, Fullerton strat

Acoustics: Sigma DM-5 (Japanese), Silvertone archtop (early 50s), Yamaha FG-110 (Korean), Alvarez RD20 12 string, Silvertone (60s)

Amps: Alamo Capri (early 60s tube), Alamo Challenger (late 60s tube) Epiphone Valve Jr. Head (w/Peavey 1x10 cab & Realistic 2x6 cab), Fender Yale Reverb, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Marshall Lead 12, Behringer G110 V-Tone, Marshall MG15CD, Vox DA-5, Pignose 7-100, Marshall Bass 12

Post Thanks / Like

/\ that could be it, but I doubt it, because ot doesn't have alvarez on it.

-anonymous

Post Thanks / Like

I am not 100% sure but you may have a Guitar made by Dana Sutcliffe from Delaware. That sounds like his first line I had one it was a white strat with a tele neck with dana logo on the headstock. you can go to his website danamusic and read about him . I knew him a long time and think he is a terrific person and quite the luthier. http://www.danamusic.com
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

/\ perhaps it could be one of his early works.

-anonymous

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I just googled Dana guitars and saw your post...I too have a Dana guitar that use to belong to my father. Although I am wondering if your guitar might be older that what you mentioned. The guitar I have is roughly 50-60 years old. The tag inside the guitar is labeled Dana and it was made in Japan. The name Dana is also on the headstock. That is all the information I have. I too would like to know more about the guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a note...The Dana I have is an acoustic.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it look anything like this? This is a Jedson from the 70s. Jedson was a brand of Dallas-Arbiter in the UK but I wouldn't be surprised if they were sold under other brands in the US.

My first electric was a sunburst 2 pickup model. That would have been '73 or '4.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience