Thread: A little encouragement ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little encouragement ...

.. goes a long way. Thanks for all the kind and constructive comments. And, like the eccentric uncle at the family dinner, a little encouragement can cause some of us to go on, and on, and on ...
    Anyway, here's a couple more tunes posted today. The blues tune is recorded on the BR1200, bass through the deck, rhythm is an American fatstrat through the Mesa Lone Star on the clean side, lead is a PRS through the same Mesa, gain pushed to clip.
    The hard rock effort is recorded the same, rhythm and lead on the same Strat through a Line 6 Flextone.

http://www.box.net/public/3ozip5hm74

http://www.box.net/public/0p45fhva8i
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Right on, Helliot's gonna need more box.net id
    's

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great playing! It sounded really good. Only thing I was missing was a bigger reverb on the lead guitar on the blues. Good guitar tones.

How do you record the drums?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default drums, etc

The drums are just rhythm patterns off the BR1200. Got it second hand, no manual, so I haven't yet figured out how to actually arrange diverse patterns. Working on that.
    Yeah, I like a little more reverb, especially since the Mesa has a wonderful tank. But I'm having mic'ing problems, even a little verb seems too boomy. I'll get the mic'ing figured out and then get right settings.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it sounds really good. I agree with Robert that you should have more reverb on the lead guitar on track 1.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default missing verp

Yep. Hearing it again, it sounds way too dry. Think I'll add some more to the original. Thanks.
    helliott in Hamilton

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't you add some reverb on the lead track when you are mixing on the BR thingy?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

helliot,

The owners manual for the BR1200 is available as a pdf download at www.bossus.com. Just go under "Customer Support" and then onto "Product Manuals." You'll have to register with them with your email address, but the manual is free.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks again

I'll check out the manual. And yes, to Robert, yes, I can add reverb on the Boss, but it really sounds digital, while the Mesa reverb is outstanding. Then again, I'm not sure the difference is captured in the digital recording, anyway.
    helliott in Hamilton