Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
More clean boost, now with clean Hellhound

Thread: More clean boost, now with clean Hellhound

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More clean boost, now with clean Hellhound

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-31.php

Only some LXP-1 reverb added, using Squier Tele through a clean sounding Hellhound.

How'd you like these sounds? I love this pedal! The Tele sounds way better than my SX right now; the SX needs some rocket surgery done to it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Why O why do you keep turning it *off*?

Keep that puppy on; 'nuff said!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you running AC to the pedal or batteries? It sounds quiet whatever you are using.

So why is this pedal different from just turning up the volume on the amp?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Are you running AC to the pedal or batteries? It sounds quiet whatever you are using.

So why is this pedal different from just turning up the volume on the amp?
    yeah or turn the amp up.

Post Thanks / Like

It's different because the signal going into the preamp of my tube amp is hot - this pedal works like and actually is, a preamp in itself. This will change how the amp reacts to the incoming signal. Hard to describe, but it gives sparkle and chime in way I can not get by just turning up the amp.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar pedal Robert, the Bad Bob. Same animal I think by the sounds of it, real nice! Best description Ive heard is it gives you MORE of what you already have. There is also a whole palette of tones using it before even after for that matter your other OD/Boost pedals. I was experimenting with the BB into the 808 then my Tonebone lotsa different flavors there!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

What is most impressive about your playing is how you seemingly swipe at all five strings, mute (rake) three of them, let two sound and emphasize one.

Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    It's different because the signal going into the preamp of my tube amp is hot - this pedal works like and actually is, a preamp in itself. This will change how the amp reacts to the incoming signal. Hard to describe, but it gives sparkle and chime in way I can not get by just turning up the amp.
    I'm going to have to try running my guitar into the little ART Tube MP preamp I bought from MF on one of those "Stupid Deals" a couple of weeks back, and then into my amp and see if I can get a similar effect. I had also wondered what the attraction of these boost pedals was vs. just turning up the amp volume, but what you say makes sense. Should also be possible to get a similar effect by turning the gain all the way down on an OD pedal and just using the Level and Tone knobs....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, you can get the same volume boost by doing that, but you will get a completely different tone. It will not sound the same.

I can make another video doing just that for comparison!