Thread: New tune- Ol' town

Post Thanks / Like

Default New tune- Ol' town

Another musical rambling trying to incorporate Robert's lessons from Dolphinstreet with my usual pentatonic refries on a homemade backing track!
    (Howzzat fer an intro?)

"Oh,baby,baby,where did our love go"...........
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhrmm, where's that mp3?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It was just here, now let's see... what did I do with it....

Oh........ HERE it is!

http://www.box.net/public/rsynry223y
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

now that was different.... thanks oldguy

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

OG,

I listened to that BT yesterday and had a tough time visualizing a guitar part over it. Hats off to you for doing it.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    OG,

I listened to that BT yesterday and had a tough time visualizing a guitar part over it. Hats off to you for doing it.
    Thanks, Jason....maybe that's why no-one else took a shot at it?
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, funny tune! How did my lessons relate to this?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I did some vibrato bends, bend up, then vibrato. I normally only used vibrato with a note, but not with the bend.
    And I think it's around 2:00 in, you'll hear that cool chromatic sax line from your chromatic lesson. I'm finding lots of places, blues, country, and this track, where I tried to cop a Motown feel, where that chromatic fits in nicely.
    So thanks, Robert! And yeah, I stole those licks from you!
    And the opening "oriental" lick I stole from a buddy from a song he calls "Chinaboy" (no offense meant to our friends from the Orient, that's what he calls the song).
    So ya, I steal riffs, but I also give 'em away free for the asking, so I guess I'm even-steven for the most part. Karma, ya know.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    So thanks, Robert! And yeah, I stole those licks from you!

I will send an invoice accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I will send an invoice accordingly.
    Okey-Dokey. I will promptly return payment of two... no, make that three licks! Interest, for time since loan started, ya know.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Old-G,

What a positive song and great melody line! The rhythm was totally different.
    The bends are all great, no flat bending and your licks are innovative, especially in the first 30 seconds there is one lick that I will definitely pick up if you don't mind.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty late to this post but this is pretty cool. This song is a good example at what I wrack my brain trying to do..record and instrumental with melody/leads over it that sound like a song, and not like a demo wainting for vocals to be put over it. Nice work Oldguy!
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Post Thanks / Like

Nice OG, very nice.. that's one of them happy tunes that make you smile !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey OG! I missed this before. Very cool. I think an example of playing guitar in a place and in a way that might usually be occupied by say a piano. The BT makes me think of a piano, and you fill the same space very nicely in a creative way. Great!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

All I think of is: what great fun!

Post Thanks / Like

That really brightens up the day most excellent
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this tune back in February also. Good going Oldguy. That is one happy song. it all most makes you want to skip down the street. I can't get my fingers to perform like that. Maybe I should just be a rhythm kind of player.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.