Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small Amp

Unexpectadly sold a couple of pieces yesterday so now I'm gassin' for not only another guitar ('51) but a small amp as well....looking at the Epi Valve Jr Combo, Roland Micro-Cube / Cube, Vox DA-5 / 15 or ????? something to grab quick with decent clean sounds and a little dirt.... leaning toward battery powered but

Recommendations
    Last edited by Big K; February 17th, 2007 at 08:38 AM.
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You already have the Vox AD30VT. I would think you should get the Epi so many here love! Have fun shopping!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    You already have the Vox AD30VT. I would think you should get the Epi so many here love! Have fun shopping!
    i agree....and epi is coming out with a new cabinet (in april i think) that matches the head unit that will have 1 12" eminence lady luck speaker....

http://epiphone.com/default.asp?Prod...ollectionID=13

i am thinking of selling my valve jr. combo and getting that setup...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Vox DA/x seems cool! Small and battery powered, perfect for traveling!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

heard that the head unit of the Epi is far quieter than the combo something to do with the internal power to the tubes???, so may have to wait for that little stack unit to become available (it is a cool look)... until then I believe I will grab a battery powered unit for fun... have to do a sound compare with my tired ears between the Vox, Roland & maybe one of those Fender '57 Tweed Mini-Twins...

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    maybe one of those Fender '57 Tweed Mini-Twins...
    you mean like the one in this picture (except mine is not tweed)?

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Warren
    I hope you've got a way to split your guitar signal because you've got some great stuff there to be running in stereo.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Warren
    I hope you've got a way to split your guitar signal because you've got some great stuff there to be running in stereo.
    i sound bad enough out of one amp...people may die if i pump my sound out of two amps!!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    you mean like the one in this picture (except mine is not tweed)?

ww
    They look good, but don't know how they sound...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    They look good, but don't know how they sound...
    well they are very low power with a tiny speaker...basically kinda clean at extremely low volume and lots of dirt if you want any volume...it does have a headphone jack so you can use it to drive a pair of headphones...

ww

Post Thanks / Like

well they are very low power with a tiny speaker...basically kinda clean at extremely low volume and lots of dirt if you want any volume...it does have a headphone jack so you can use it to drive a pair of headphones...

ww
    Thanks; think I'll concentrate on one of the larger Vox/Roland battery units....

Post Thanks / Like

the microcube isn't a bad little amp at all....keep in mind you aren't gonna get much headroom with any of the small battery powered units....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

the microcube isn't a bad little amp at all....keep in mind you aren't gonna get much headroom with any of the small battery powered units....

ww
    yes sir, i had one of the micro-Marshalls that I tossed in with the strat I sold and that broke up almost immediately with any volume...

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Roland MicroCube... Gave it to my Daughter...
    Has some good sounds to it and it is Clean..
    Small enough to take any place and battery backup worked fine..
    Feel and sound of Quality...
    You wont get as many distortions with it as the VOX DA though..
    but it also takes pedals well..
    enough sound to fill a room, with the aux-in you have everything in a compact system.
    IMHO.. Gets a thumbs up from me..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    I had the Roland MicroCube... Gave it to my Daughter...
    IMHO.. Gets a thumbs up from me..
    cool thanks for the recomendation.....

Post Thanks / Like

Try out a Vox DA 5 before you purchase anything. It's only fair.

Besides...Robert might get a commission.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Try out a Vox DA 5 before you purchase anything. It's only fair.

Besides...Robert might get a commission.
    LMAO..... heck ya, still more than pleased with my AD30VT, wouldn't hurt my feeling to have another Vox in the house...the guy that picked up 2 guitars from me took my old Peavey also for his daughter so now I am really gassed up for tomorrows shopping spree...
    Last edited by Big K; February 18th, 2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: sold an amp

Post Thanks / Like

If you run into one of these give it a go really nice small amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Amp?sku=485054

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F_BSurfer
    If you run into one of these give it a go really nice small amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Amp?sku=485054
    will do, thanks.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast