Thread: Brown Eyed Girl Intro

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brown Eyed Girl Intro

I posted a video clip of how to play this song on - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons

Check it out and let me know your feedback. It's nothing advanced, but I thought it might be useful for someone. I get asked to play this song all the time at jams, and often all the other guitar players don't know how to play the signature intro!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks. And all this time I thought it was just power chords. Just goes to show how off track I can get at times.

Seriously...this was great because I have never listened to the original and just picked it up out of my head at jams and that is how I have been doing it for years...an octave lower. Now I know!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

Thanks for posting that. And all this time I had faked my way through that intro and had never taken the time to learn it right. You nailed it. Thanks for sharing that with the rest of us.

-- Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Great video as always Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Muchos Gracias, senors! (I'm going to Mexico for some holiday sun first week in February by the way)

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a marvel, Robert. I sessioned that video clip last night, and when I played it on my new G & L, my wife's ears "perked up" like a cat hearing a tuna can open. "Hey, I like that . . . " she said. BIG bonus points there, my friend. Hasta la' vista . . .

Post Thanks / Like

robert, i think i love you (non homosexually, of course) not that there's anything wrong witht that though... well, ive never actually looked up how to play that tab, but now that youve shown it, it is a cool thing to show off to my friends. i always get soo excited when you have a new video. its like christmas all over again!
    Blues/Rock/Classic Rock Junkie!

Guitars:
    -Agile AL-2800 Dlx Les Paul
    -Fender MIM Strat
    -Fender DG-8 Acoustic
    Amps:
    -Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
    -Kustom 10W Practice Amp
    Pedals:
    -DigiTech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I love all you guys too! Glad you like my stuff!