Thread: My Non Gibson Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Non Gibson Les Paul

There are thousands of different copies out there, from Tokai to whatever.
    I have checked a lot of original Gibsons, but I couldn't understand or shall I say accept the price/quality relation.

I have always been a fan of ESP, I also own a Mirage Deluxe that I bought when I was 19. ESP has a good attitude and for me they still care about quality and offering a fair price.

I bought my ESP Eclipse last May, I fell in love with it immediately and I can not imagine having made a better decision. I know that most people associate ESP with the Heavy Metal scene, but this guitar is a true classic with some modern features.

Any of you guys also have a Les that is a NON Gibson?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

That one is a beauty. Are the pickups stock?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    That one is a beauty. Are the pickups stock?
    Yes they are stock Seymour Duncans. I had the choice between EMG and Seymour so I went for Seymour.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Its what you like and feels good, I have had Les Paul's and would not buy another now that there are people out there making serious guitars as well or better for less it just dose not make sense I have an Agile Al-2000 and a SX GG1 and I am very happy with both of them

OH yea thats a very nice ESP you got there

Post Thanks / Like

Don't look now but someone done smeared your inlays! They're crooked!

j/k Nice looking top on that puppy. The zebra pups probably sound as good as they look no?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great looking axe! When I get a second electric it is likely to be of the LP ilk and I as a father of 3 am not going to pop for a Gibson. (not at least until the kids are through college). I love hearing about good quality LP alikes, and I like the look of the zebra pups!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson