Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Mesa 5:25

Thread: Mesa 5:25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mesa 5:25

I had a chance to play for about 10 minutes (clean only) through a Mesa Express 5:25

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...ss/Express.htm

It was sweet (modulo the fact that I don't know anything) does anyone have any experience with 'em?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read about this one, looks awesome on paper! I'd love to try one. How much do they go for?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I have played it intensively at the tradefair in the end of March! This amp is a killer. The clean channel is the best I heard in a long long time. The crunch and metal is pretty creamy,too although I could imagine metalheads need some more distortion. Anyway, for blues and rock it is perfect and the reverb is awesome.

One thing I was missing is a second master volume for solo sounds.

Putting the amp in the 5 watt class a mode you get the best sounds you heard in a long time.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    How much do they go for?
    About a grand, from the preliminary reports....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    About a grand, from the preliminary reports....
    That's the price I was quoted. Way too rich for my blood. The store was crowded & that was just the amp with the fewest people nearby. The clean sounds were addictive.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great little amp! I tried one few days ago, and loved it. I'll second Jimi on the superb cleans and very rich & smooth mild distortion. The tag price was $1049, but if you look at used, often 20+ years old Mesa Studios, slightly newer Calibers or F30s, you'll see them priced $600 to $800+. In the used market, Mesa retains the value pretty good.

Anyway, just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone else has tried one in the meantime.

A
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost all Mesas (Rectum-friers probably excluded ) are like a complex musical instrument, in the sense that you have to spend a lot of time with them in order to come to terms with what they are actually capable of. Which is usually quite a lot.

That said, both the 5:25 and the 5:50 are quite pricey in Europe, even with the favorable euro/dollar exchange rate. They are actually priced like boutique amps, even though they are rather bulk made machines (I cannot stomach the "tubes on a circuit board" that easily... ).
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci