Smashing Pumpkins - Prog Rock Grunge?
    Soundgarden - Psychedelic Hard Rock Grunge
    Alice in Chains - Hard Rock Grunge
    Stone Temple Pilots - Pop Rock Grunge??
    My Gear ...
    Roland Micro Cube, Traynor YCV20WR
    Ovation Cedar Balladeer, "Super-cute" Fender Strat, Squier M-80

Post Thanks / Like

That was the era i began listening to music. The band Nirvana got me into music in general, so thats why its a huge part of me. Great bands like soundgarden, temple of the dog, alice in chains, stone temple pilots, pearl jam, and tool.
    Random Gear
    Ibanez S470(sold)
    Fender Strat MIM (sold)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300(sadly sold)
    Ibanez Iceman X
    Squier afinity strat
    Fender 12 String Acoustic
    Conn 12 String Acoustic
    Old 70's Tiesco Electric
    Old Silvertone steel Guitar (50's)
    Samick Bass stingray copy
    Fender bassman (73)
    Peavey Bandit 112 (sold)
    Jordan entertainer 110 (72)
    Fender usa strat (stolen)

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as many who responded to this. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why I couldn't remember too many bands that I got into during the 90's. The only reason I can think of is that my kids were really young during that time, and my wife and I were getting the hang of being new parents and both working full time. It was really hectic most of the time.

Ask me what songs were on the Barney show in the 90's and I'll probably be able to tell you the whole frigg'n list of irritating songs and cast of characters on that show who were too old to be acting like little kids! :-)

I did get into some acoustic music during that period because we were listening to a lot of that stuff when we put the kids to sleep. I started listening to solo guitar records by Phil Keaggy, Michael Hedges, etc. I was also listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn a lot at that time (although this didn't make the best choice for putting a baby to sleep). I was also into Pat Metheny as always.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That has been my and my wife's situation this decade. And I can not only sing Barney stuff, but the Wiggles too! My boys are moving beyond that at this point. Lot's of Jack Johnson, Curious George soundtrack though, and some Kidzbop.

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as many who responded to this. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why I couldn't remember too many bands that I got into during the 90's. The only reason I can think of is that my kids were really young during that time, and my wife and I were getting the hang of being new parents and both working full time. It was really hectic most of the time.

Ask me what songs were on the Barney show in the 90's and I'll probably be able to tell you the whole frigg'n list of irritating songs and cast of characters on that show who were too old to be acting like little kids! :-)

I did get into some acoustic music during that period because we were listening to a lot of that stuff when we put the kids to sleep. I started listening to solo guitar records by Phil Keaggy, Michael Hedges, etc. I was also listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn a lot at that time (although this didn't make the best choice for putting a baby to sleep). I was also into Pat Metheny as always.

-- Jim
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12