Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Anyone fancy a glass of wine?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fancy a glass of wine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone fancy a glass of wine?

- Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

naw...i'm waiting for the version that comes with some nice single malt.....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for the Guinness Strat! Creamy tones and and dark black finish! I'd say those Fender Custom Shop guys just sit around thinking about what freebies they can get from other companies "Oh, I need a new car, lets call up Ford and make a custom shop Ford Strat"
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

I like Strats and I like wine, but this still reeks of elitist BS. "...the Merlot is feisty..."??? Oh, please--spare me!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect! Just what every alcoholic guitarist needs.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, this whole idea is somewhat ludicrous! Yeah, Spud makes a good point!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I like Strats and I like wine, but this still reeks of elitist BS. "...the Merlot is feisty..."??? Oh, please--spare me!
    It IS elitist BS.........................................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    I'm waiting for the Guinness Strat! Creamy tones and and dark black finish!
    You mean like this one? OK, so it's a '51, but still . . .
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    You mean like this one? OK, so it's a '51, but still . . .
    Nice, great find Marnold - the headstock is a beer mat too far though!
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

From another board:

"A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Fender table wines. This is a pity as many fine American Guitar wines appeal not only to the Fender palate but also to the wine cognoscenti of the lower-midwest.

Black Stump Bordeaux is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good Seattle Syrup can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

Château Blue, too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

Old Smokey 1968 has been compared favourably to a Belch claret, whilst the Tennesee Wino Society thoroughly recommends a 1970 Coq du Junior Johnston , which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: eight bottles of this and you're really finished. At the opening of the Chatanooga Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is 68 Telecaster Pink. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is 'beware'. This is not a wine for drinking, this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is Newark Old-and-Yellow, which is particularly heavy and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of Château Chunder, which is an appellation contrôlée, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation; a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a Hobart Muddy, and a prize winning Cuivre Reserve Château Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga, which has a bouquet like an Goomba's armpit."
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

This wine guitar is something else....especially the dude who runs the show over at the wine company. I love his whole spiel, especially how his "unique" soil makes it hard for the grapes to grow, which gives them some special character, or all of his other crazy lines. Where do people learn to talk like that? My favorite, which he ends off with:

"Eldred said many people are “asking if they could just buy a bottle of the wine.”

“We can’t compromise the integrity of the project, but the wine is available on a limited basis at only two place in the world now, and that’s Tarbell’s in Scottsdale, Ariz., and the Napa Rose in Anaheim, Calif.,” Eldred said."

Yeah.....integrity. Sorry for the rant, but these "sophisto" types really get on my nerves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The "integrity"???? If the wine is any good, doesn't it stand on it's own? Likewise the guitar. Nice enough color I suppose. I guess he means the exclusivity so that rich people will buy the packaged together products at these two "exclusive" places because they are exclusive, not because of the merits or lack thereof.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's just another "glass case guitar" with the added hook of ballyhooed wine..................So Biff can impress Tad and regale him with the cost and rarity of the guitar and wine.......................

.............it has nothing to do with real guitar playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always wish companies I otherwise like would not do this stuff. But I suppose these sales help support the company that sells working instruments to musicians. Up here in SV, we have auctions and such that involve wine and other novelty items that resemble this, along with some really cool stuff. The auctions often benefit good causes and I suppose have a purpose. Does not mean I have to like it though.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danzego
    This wine guitar is something else....especially the dude who runs the show over at the wine company. I love his whole spiel, especially how his "unique" soil makes it hard for the grapes to grow, which gives them some special character, or all of his other crazy lines.
    That's a pretty well-known fact in viticulture. Gravelly or chalky soil=hard times for grape vines=small concentrated fruit=fuller-flavored wine. Which is why wine grown in one area tastes different from wine grown in another. I agree it is kind of silly to fetishize it though.

Terroir aside, $1,000 a bottle is pretty steep. What does the guitar + half case cost, I wonder?

Post Thanks / Like

i'm in the advertising biz and i just don't see how a bottle of wine will sell guitars (unless you get prospective buyers drunk off the wine first and then close the sale)

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    From another board:
    I'm glad to see that there are other Monty Python fans out there. For those who don't know, it's a slightly revised version of their "Australian Table Wines" bit from one of their records.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i'm in the advertising biz and i just don't see how a bottle of wine will sell guitars (unless you get prospective buyers drunk off the wine first and then close the sale)
    "Hey, dude, I just got my new Strat and a case of wine! C'mon over--we'll get ****-faced and jam for a while!!"
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be out done...Gibson is now offering a platinum needle and spoon with the purchase of their "Rock Star Les Paul."

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast