Thread: 10% of Guitars last year bought by Women

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 10% of Guitars last year bought by Women

Interesting article, judging by these stats we should have a few women amongst the Fret membership.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002854.html
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys just want to flirt. LMAO

Ain't no woman gonna survive around the likes of you guys!

j/k
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm getting married in 59days!! My flirting days are well and truely over. I'm just trying to make up for my guilt at finding the girl in the pick bikini attractive.
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    I'm getting married in 59days!! My flirting days are well and truely over. I'm just trying to make up for my guilt at finding the girl in the pick bikini attractive.
    You picked your future wife 'cause of her biniki? This thread is useless without pics....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    You picked your future wife 'cause of her biniki? This thread is useless without pics....
    I was refering to Sculpin's 'My Favorite Guitar Pick' thread and Roberts response about why we have no women frequenting the Fret. Having said that my future wife does look good in a bikini - not that swimwear see's the light too often in rainy old Ireland!
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    I was refering to Sculpin's 'My Favorite Guitar Pick' thread and Roberts response about why we have no women frequenting the Fret. Having said that my future wife does look good in a bikini - not that swimwear see's the light too often in rainy old Ireland!

Ohhh ok. That link from that thread was once again blocked from my work PC.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so SHE'S the one behind those awful Daisy Rock guitars. Color me surprised. I was almost certain that those were the work of a bunch of clueless male executives or some small Korean company.

Post Thanks / Like

Very unattractive looking guitars. To me it doesn't make sense...you want to attract more women into playing guitar and break stigmas yet you want accomplish this by making pink, weird-shaped, girlie guitars for them to play on? Why not just craft instruments that are a little lighter and less burdensome for frail builds and leave it at that? The Hello Kitty Strat has way better looks than 99% of the Daisy Rock lineup.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Very unattractive looking guitars. To me it doesn't make sense...you want to attract more women into playing guitar and break stigmas yet you want accomplish this by making pink, weird-shaped, girlie guitars for them to play on? Why not just craft instruments that are a little lighter and less burdensome for frail builds and leave it at that? The Hello Kitty Strat has way better looks than 99% of the Daisy Rock lineup.
    And I quote, "But, don't confuse cute with frivolous. These cute guitars are one woman's (company's) serious attack on a male ideology that attempts to dictate what girls should and should not do, what they should and should not like, and what guitars and guitar playing should and should not be.

Watch music videos: you'll see more women dancing in the background than playing guitar solos up front. Read guitar magazines: you'll see more women selling instruments to men through sex appeal than giving in-depth interviews. The message is that a woman's role is to be with the band, not in the band.

This ideology is the dragon Tish Ciravolo wants to slay. Cute is one of her weapons."

Not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out that there is a method behind the madness.

Some Daisy Rock models have received fairly decent reviews in the git mags. My daughters think they're cool.

Hey, there was a day when I though a BC Rich "Rich B!#ch" was bawls to the wall rawkin, then I went through that whole noo wave phaze when I thought Steinbergers were totally awesome.

Funny how the world turns... a classic Tele is my guitar holy grail now.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, you Canucks have weird taste
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I was in a guitar store & there was a teenage boy going on & on about how much he wanted the hello kitty strat he was playing & he could really play too!
    I pick a moon dog.