Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Bought a new pedal again... an octave pedal

Thread: Bought a new pedal again... an octave pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought a new pedal again... an octave pedal

Thought I'd have fun with an octave pedal, so I got a cheap Arion octave pedal on eBay.

As always, I'll demo it when I have played with it for a while. I haven't received it yet.

Anyone else here use an octave pedal?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a Danelectro Chili Dog octave pedal and have started fooling around with it. Does one & two octaves down and let's you mix them independently with the original signal. Pretty cool for only $30! Strictly for single notes or maybe double-stops on the higher strings. Chords and mutliple low notes cause the output to degenerate to a cacaphonous mess....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the octaver setting on my RP-80 sparingly on a couple tunes where the guitar doubles the bass line - single note runs etc. as DVM says. Sounds pretty cool and lets our bass player play a slightly alternate line. Really fattens up the sound. A little tricky using it as a modelling pre-set - have to set it up to be song specific. Having a stompbox to kick on or off would be better IF I had a need to use it more than I do.

Other than that

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I sold my Boss Octaver pedal a long time ago. I heard Randy Bachman use one at a show and he was very tasteful with it of course. I couldn't get it to sound like I wanted. IT may have had a glitch because I bought it used. I do like the octave feature on the Digitech Synth Wah and in my Korg AX1. Maybe I'll have to start experimenting again.

I'm sure you'll put yours to good use.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the pedal. It's not tracking so well, but it sounds cool as long as I don't play low notes on the low E string and don't let them ring for so long. If I do, it starts oscillating and it sounds like my equipment is broken.

I'll use it on some funky jazz stuff for some video food for you guys.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the same thing that I experienced and the reason that I sold it. I wonder...?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The tracking in my old Boss Octave pedal was so bad that it could be used as a gimmick only. I havent tried a "modern" octave pedal, but the Octave function in the Tonelab doesnt track very good either. It sounds cool but just doesnt work good enough for me to use it.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009