Thread: Toneport quick test clip

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Nice clip Robert! Sounds great

Btw, please record something with the Jazz Chorus amp! I´d love to hear how it sounds.
    I agree..or something, you know, really clean and thick and "tubey" sounding (a la SRV).

The reason I ask is because I've been kind of going back and forth on selling my GNX3 and have been looking at the PODXT as an alternative. Don't get me wrong- the GNX is great and I've heard some really nice custom sounds created for the thing, but I hear all of these POD sounds online that seem a little more what I'm looking for (the Tonelab sounds better of course, but it just doesn't have the variety and ability to mimic so many famous sounds, which is half the fun, IMO).

If I'm not mistaken, the Toneport is basically a USB interface that contains all the POD software sounds and just offloads all of the hardware work onto your computer, right? The thing is, I've heard tales told of a certain fizziness, latency, and digital thinness when it comes to POD's and I was wondering how true this is (anyone else who uses POD's, feel free to chime in...please ).

What I've heard so far on other sites and definitely this clip here doesn't sound too bad, though.
    Last edited by Danzego; March 1st, 2007 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danzego
    The thing is, I've heard tales told of a certain fizziness, latency, and digital thinness when it comes to POD's and I was wondering how true this is (anyone else who uses POD's, feel free to chime in...please ).

What I've heard so far on other sites and definitely this clip here doesn't sound too bad, though.
    I too have heard these reports but haven't experienced it on my POD - I think having the latest firmware installed helps a lot. Also the equipment you use it with will have a major impact on the end result - you can't stick it in front a of a tube amp and expect all the models to sound good. EQing the PODs output with the input of your recording device and/or amp/monitors is key to eliminating any fizziness in my experience.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar