Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nes Paul

Thread: Nes Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nes Paul

Guitar Hero II seems like a fun game, but this Nes Paul makes a even better attempt at videogame/guitar fusion...

check out the link for more strange videogame guitars and a clip of the Sega Genesis guitar:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...r-knew-existed
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Nice that you can play it, but it should coun't unless you can also play a video game by playing it as a guitar. Maybe a piezo bridge with midi out could accomplish this.

Someome should mod Guitar Hero so that you have to actually strum the correct chords.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok how does Guitar Hero actually work then? Anyone play it? I mean...what do you play?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Ok how does Guitar Hero actually work then? Anyone play it? I mean...what do you play?
    It comes with a fake guitar with a switch for strumming, a whammy bar, and a series of buttons on the neck. You have to hit the right button and strum in time with the sequence displayed on screen. Actually, it strikes me as sort of a rock and roll version of Simon.

I would love to have it for my PS2, but it's a little expensive and I'm not sure my kids would like it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    It comes with a fake guitar with a switch for strumming, a whammy bar, and a series of buttons on the neck. You have to hit the right button and strum in time with the sequence displayed on screen. Actually, it strikes me as sort of a rock and roll version of Simon.

I would love to have it for my PS2, but it's a little expensive and I'm not sure my kids would like it.
    I've seen kids at Walmart playing it in the aisles. I stand there watching and I didn't get it. I should have tried it myself if I could pry the guitar from their hands! So I'm thinking "you're" a rock star character in the game and you appear at various gigs and you've got to play the game guitar in pace with the audio....then you advance to another gig or something?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold

I played it a little at the local kid's center while I was hangin with my kids. It was fun, and like Marnold says, kind of a rock and roll simon. It would help a kid develop some timing I would guess. I was playing some Who song (maybe Dream Police?, can't remember), and I'll admit I did not completely nail it. It was fun though.

Tone: I did not do any advancement per say, but the way we played, there were two guitar heroes, each with a part to play, and whoever nailed it better by hitting the buttons ,whammy, etc. at exactly the right time wins. At least that was my understanding. I have never been a very expert gamer. I think my all time favorite was old school Pole Position, the arcade version. I was always more of a foosball player.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I played it a little at the local kid's center while I was hangin with my kids. It was fun, and like Marnold says, kind of a rock and roll simon. It would help a kid develop some timing I would guess. I was playing some Who song (maybe Dream Police?, can't remember), and I'll admit I did not completely nail it. It was fun though.

Tone: I did not do any advancement per say, but the way we played, there were two guitar heroes, each with a part to play, and whoever nailed it better by hitting the buttons ,whammy, etc. at exactly the right time wins. At least that was my understanding. I have never been a very expert gamer. I think my all time favorite was old school Pole Position, the arcade version. I was always more of a foosball player.
    Foosball? Now you're really showing your age. Nothing like a good game of foosballs with friends while you're slamming some beers.

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Hero is actually a fun game! You start out as a beginner with a local garageband and work your way up. There is a lot of classic rock songs in the game, and you would be surprised how hard it is!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Foosball? Now you're really showing your age. Nothing like a good game of foosballs with friends while you're slamming some beers.
    Hey, it's making a comeback. I like to take on some of my friend's competitive kids who think they are hot and are going to kill the Dad, and surprise them a little.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Hero is the most addictive game I have ever played!

... but you really have to get a second guitar controller and play with friends to truly enjoy this game. Playing by yourself is fun for practice, but playing it with a group of friends is a blast!
    My Gear ...
    Roland Micro Cube, Traynor YCV20WR
    Ovation Cedar Balladeer, "Super-cute" Fender Strat, Squier M-80

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I also think Guitar Hero is a blast. I will say, though, that while initially being a real guitar player helped me do good in the game (it's especially fun laughing at people for doing all downstrokes during fast passages and showing them how nice alternate picking works), it does also work against you. Like if I'm playing a song I actually know how to play or have an idea how it's played, you don't play all the notes in the lower difficulty setting. So I'll be doing runs just by instinct that the game isn't looking for, which counts as missed notes and picking when you're not supposed to.

But yes, for ANYONE, the game is a ton of fun. As for what you do, to add to what Swede said, the thing with moving up doesn't really matter much from the perspective of the game itself. New arenas and bigger crowds essentially just means you get to move on to the next set of songs until you complete those and unlock even more.

Oh, and Guitar Hero II includes not only versus mode for two players, but also modes like one person playing bass and another guitar, and the co-op mode where you go back and forth with the other person, but not so much in a competitive type manner.