Thread: Hello Jamsters!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Jamsters!

Hi there. I'm Steve and I've been playing guitar for 27 years. Like you all, I suffer from gear lust on a daily basis. I play out 3-4 times a month to legitimize my rock star status. (at least in my own head) Gear I am using currently is.....

2 older MIJ Fernandes 60's style Strats
    Godin ST Artisan Signature
    2 Guild FS-46ce Guitars (rare 80's solidbody acoustic electrics)
    Seymour Duncan Convertilble 100 Watt Amp
    Bad Cat Two Tone Pedal
    Ibanez UE300 Multi Pedal (vintage analog compressor,tube screamer,chorus)
    PODXT LIVE
    Roland Micro Cube (white)

See you all around.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Stratcrazy. That sounds like some kind of combo pedal that combines all that stuff. As you've been around a while you probably already know that this is a very cool place with lots of passionate players. Hope you enjoy as much as I have so far.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome stratcrazy!! How do you like your Godin ST Artisan? Izzat the one with 3 rail pups?

How 'bout that Bad Cat Two Tone pedal?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome Stratcrazy....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Stratcrazy - glad you joined us. Now, how'd you like the PODXT Live?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Steve Stratcrazy! Thanks for the intro. As I stated on another post, I love your avatar. I'm Steve from Sun Valley. I am a relative newbie. Have fun here. I sure do.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

So now we have at least 3 Steve Strat guys. Does that mean we win? Steves and their Strats take over the world, news at 10:00.

Welcome to the forum from one of the other Steves.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks!! Just think...in a few more years we will all be able to jam out together on a forum such as this!! Won't that be cool? To TOT: My Godin has the rail pups in it and they sound amazing!! This guitar is as nice as an Anderson or a PRS. They no longer make them and you can still get one on Ebay for around 5-600 bucks. You will never give it up!! The Bad Cat Two Tone is the best thing since Oreos!! I leave the clean tone on my Strats and it gives me tonal girth. The dirty side will make a solid state Crate sound like a 3000 dollar Class A tube amp.

Robert: I enjoy your videos. That's you right?? My PODXT LIVE is an amazing tool. It does a ton of things that I'll never even get to. I use it right into the board playing out and it sounds killer. It's a real back saver. In the studio it's a gem too. It has a whole section of presets as well for throwing in front of an amp. Even if a sound in another section floats your boat then you can remove the amp model with one tap so it won't compete with your amp tone. Great stuff and I would buy one for all you guys if I was rich!!

I will be stopping in more often to do the shop talk with you. I am always buying gear and will seek advice from time to time.

Sun Valley Steve....wish we could spank planks sometime!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's me! I have a Line 6 Toneport that I am truly digging. It isn't out of the question that I'll get one of those POD XT Live units, but then I think I'd need a different amp that is made for the purpose, like the Atomic amps. We'll see what the future holds!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Stratcrazy!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

I am not StratCrazy; I like ALL guitars.

I have a Godin ST-IV. It is a great playing guitar.

aeolian

Post Thanks / Like

and here's mine not Stratcrazy.......

Post Thanks / Like

Those Godins looks awesome, is it photoburst or a real burst?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Those Godins looks awesome, is it photoburst or a real burst?
    As real as they come. The unusual thing about these Godins (which they no longer make) are that they have a maple body instead of the more typical alder or ash. Mine is a more plain piece of wood, whereas Stratcrazy's has natural binding and a birdeye pattern. Actually Stratcrazy's Godin is the only other one in the same color as mine that I have even seen. What a coincidence.

Looking more closely, I don't know whether they are the same color, but the lighting makes it hard to clearly tell.

aeolian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are those single coil size pups rails, meaning humbuckers? And the big bridge humbucker on aeolian's, let's hear about that. Man those guitars are beautiful.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Are those single coil size pups rails, meaning humbuckers? And the big bridge humbucker on aeolian's, let's hear about that. Man those guitars are beautiful.
    The blades are stacked buckers. The humbucker is a regular humbucker. On my ST-IV there is a push-pull tone control knob that adds a tone circuit to one of the coils of the selected pickups (according to the spec sheet that came with the guitar) to give it more of a single coil sound.

I have a recording that I know I did all the guitar parts with the Godin. Don't remember what pickup combinations I used though. And you probably don't want to judge the tone of the guitar by my playing. The tune is called "Chinese Takeout", the link is:

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/takeout.mp3

aeolian

Post Thanks / Like

Aeolian, your guitar sounds really good and so does your tune.. I want to hear more of your music!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Stratcrazy! I'm catching up on my welcomes please forgive me!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

I think I was bitten with the "Strat-craziness" bug, too. The problem is . . . I need one!
    Guitars: Ibanez SCA220BP, Modded Squier Bullet Strat, Ibanez ARX100CA

Amps:
    G-DEC 30

Videos/messing around with gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/wwwdwhite
    My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498962