Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Put a Celestion G10 in my AD30

Thread: Put a Celestion G10 in my AD30

Post Thanks / Like

Default Put a Celestion G10 in my AD30

and the amp sounds so much better. It took 8 months before I finally got around to doing it, and it is well worth it. Special thanks to duhvoodooman for the detailed instructions to how it is done. Took all of 40 minutes.

aeolian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    and the amp sounds so much better. It took 8 months before I finally got around to doing it, and it is well worth it. Special thanks to duhvoodooman for the detailed instructions to how it is done. Took all of 40 minutes.

aeolian
    I agree on both counts (I used Vood's photo essay when I made the switch).
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

How does it sound better.............?

Do all of the different models sound better.....or just the ones you use?
    You don't stop playing the guitar because you are old....You get old because you have stopped playing the guitar.

www.myspace.com/rocknrollshaman

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let Aeolian comment on his own experience, but when I did this to my AD30VT, I found that it smoothed out some harshness in the highs, and firmed up what tended to be a rather flabby sounding bass. Though probably most noticeable in the clean models, I think they all benefited. The high gain amp models definitely ended up with better bass articulation with the upgraded speaker.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty much what Voodoo pointed out. I have played through more than half of the amp sims with the G10 now and they all sound better. The clean sounds are cleaner still without the occasional boomy bass that I use to get. I thought the high gain were mushy before and now they may give me useable sound now.

I will say that the difference is that each note seem to be more focused in both the clean settings and the high gain settings. I thought I may have to break in the speaker for a while before improvements may be evident. Turns out the difference is immediately noticeable. I played it Monday night at my jam and I can definitely hear the difference.

aeolian