Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jam with a Southern Rock BT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jam with a Southern Rock BT

Have not seen any BT additions with fellow Fretters for a bit... so adding one.. this is about 5 minutes long..I filled the first minute... would love to hear some additions.. the Backing Track without me in it can be found in the backingtracks...

Justa_Southern_Rock
    http://www.box.net/public/nbcziggse9

come on now...someone gotta like this BT...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Justa! I'll load into my looper and see what happens. I am just learning how to jam along with BTs. It will be fun to try a different one.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That sounded pretty d@mn good Justaguyin_nc!
    Your sound fit the backing track perfectly and at one point the melodie was very vocal like.

Cool job, very tasteful playing.

Let me see if I am goign to add another line to that backing track so we can have a forum's jam.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds really good Justa! I´m a bit late, but I recorded something after your take, I hope you like it. I am still struggling with my new interface to get a decent sound/latency.

There is room left for more fretters to join in!

http://www.box.net/shared/721pf8xsum
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So does that make you a SouthernSwede? Great to have fretters sharing takes on music again. I really enjoy listening.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I´m a bit late
    Your never to late Swede... excellent sound man.... thanks... missed your takes on backings... always a pleasure!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it was hard not to play "she´s got the look" (Roxette) over this backing... lol

I really liked your melody line Justa, I think that you have come a long way since you joined the fretnet! Keep on rocking
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Good one! I,m listening while I type, and recognized you right away Justa. Sounds good and you have developed a distinctive sound and style to my ears. SS, you must live in southern Sweden (or maybe been eatin grits). Great sound and playin too.
    I finally have a couple hours free to catch up on some posts and hope to try my hand at this too.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to take a crack at this one, but I need a little direction. Can someone give me an idea what key this is in and where on the fretboard it would be "safe" to play?
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    I'd like to take a crack at this one, but I need a little direction. Can someone give me an idea what key this is in and where on the fretboard it would be "safe" to play?
    Sorry I didn't mention that here jason... I did in the backingtracks area though.. it can be found there with no one playing over it.

It's D Cadd9 G melody... so I guess D would be a safe bet.. I dunno for sure whats safe or not... I like messing with it in D penatonic all over the fretboard.. Hope that helps..

Post Thanks / Like

I did a short quick take on this too. The mix didn't turn out the way I thought that I exported it, but still it might be alright. (shrug)

http://www.box.net/shared/hm16syvjjm

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, very tasty guitarwork! I guess we all went a little south during this session

Post Thanks / Like

I just knew Spuds would show up!! Must be living in Southern Ida-who.. nice take Spuds..always a pleasure and inspiration.. did you wear southern clothing during the making of this clip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    I just knew Spuds would show up!! Must be living in Southern Ida-who.. nice take Spuds..always a pleasure and inspiration.. did you wear southern clothing during the making of this clip?
    Just my Skynyrd t shirt and my good ol southern Idaho flag draped over my amph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, pretty nice you guys. Spud is from the southeastern part of Idaho, of course. I haven't listened to any southern rock in a while. Justa, thanks for starting this up!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Got a new geetar today, so skipped doin the taxes and played some (for a change). Fingers hurt now, so heres a listen.

http://www.box.net/shared/4cq8bvvl3a

Just tuned it and played. Will post on it after I check it over better.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogfullofblues
    Got a new geetar today
    Now that is something you don't read around here to much

heh... Nice job Hogs... enjoyed the ending.. that filled this one and can't wait to read about the new guitar.. had a good sound to my ears.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Hog!
    I might have missed that, but what guitar did you get?

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a reminder...anyone can go back to any position other than the first and start the whole process all over again. That way more people can join in even though one version has been competed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast