Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Live Gig Updates

Thread: Live Gig Updates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live Gig Updates

For those following the continuing saga

The Barley Boys played a dance a few weeks ago. Pretty good crowd and we had lots of fun. Got a little more practice setting up and tearing down our gear - packed and loaded in 40 min! Here's a pic from our soundcheck.

The very next weekend Mid-Life Crisis played a dance. To date it has to rank as the best freakin' time I've ever had on stage. The crowd was off the hook! Everyone was up and dancing all night and we definately left them wanting more. Our stage sound was the best we've ever had it and we were as tight as can be - we just kept setting them up and knocking them down! Awesome.

Last weekend MLC played again to a much different crowd. Older to start with, so we had to bust out some old-timey country waltzes, shuffles, two-steps etc. The crowd thinned out by 10:30 but those that stayed were up dancing as we started into our rawk n rawl stuff. They closed the bar at 12:30 and in the middle of one of our rawking-est sets, they turned on the lights and started taking down tables and stacking chairs. We took that as our cue and were packed and loaded and sitting in the local watering hole before last call! Weird. They liked us, want us back, just not a crowd for staying up too late. Oh well, a good time was had by all and we made it home before 6:00 am for a change. Oh, I also got a chance to play our bass player's Gibson LP - haven't done that for awhile, now I'm GAS'ing for one as well as a Tele. My wife thinks I'm nuts: "Didn't I just buy you a new guitar for Christmas!!??!!. At least I know you guys will understand

Our MLC experiences have been going much better lately, so it may be premature to predict the demise of our foursome. As "The Barley Boys" (i.e. three piece) we have a couple of gigs booked in April. I can't wait to get back out there! Thanks once again for listening to my rant!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

All good Trev. It's great you are gigging...so...that means that you can certainly justify owning more guitars.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great Trev! Keep on rocking in the free world!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Trev, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.. but 12:30? Was the bar located right next to a retirement home or something?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's cool Trev. Keep being busy playing! I have a gig myself tonight and tomorrow. Rock on!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    The very next weekend Mid-Life Crisis played a dance. To date it has to rank as the best freakin' time I've ever had on stage. The crowd was off the hook! Everyone was up and dancing all night and we definately left them wanting more. Our stage sound was the best we've ever had it and we were as tight as can be - we just kept setting them up and knocking them down! Awesome.

Trev
    There's nothing quite like the feeling of setting a crowd on fire and, once tasted, there's no going back.

Makes all of that cat herding worth the effort, doesn't it?
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    Makes all of that cat herding worth the effort, doesn't it?
    Meow!

This one's for you, Planker

EDIT: Hey, THESE GUYS get it!
    Last edited by t_ross33; March 16th, 2007 at 09:45 PM.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome time, Trev!

Nice rant, and I always like to hear about the fortunate ones that can play out.

I soon hope to have a group of guys to play with. Right now there are too many "serious" groups looking for "lable/management interest" around New Jersey. Once I find a grounded group of married dads with busy careers, we can all be on the same page as far as commitment to a band.

Love that HB30!
    Guitars: Ibanez SCA220BP, Modded Squier Bullet Strat, Ibanez ARX100CA

Amps:
    G-DEC 30

Videos/messing around with gear:
    http://www.youtube.com/wwwdwhite
    My Music:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498962

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome trev. Sounds like such a great time.

I'm having a hard enough time in my area finding people to jam with...
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sblack
    Sounds like an awesome time, Trev!

Nice rant, and I always like to hear about the fortunate ones that can play out.

I soon hope to have a group of guys to play with. Right now there are too many "serious" groups looking for "lable/management interest" around New Jersey. Once I find a grounded group of married dads with busy careers, we can all be on the same page as far as commitment to a band.

Love that HB30!
    Thanks Sblack. THAT is the whole point - nobody wants to wants to be famous or land a recording deal. No big egos to deal with - just gettin' out and rawkin' as much as possible.

Just checked out your YouTube videos (very cool) - I'd like to see what you could do with an HB-30!! I like her a lot, very sweet.

Trev

Post Thanks / Like

very cool trev....i think gigging would be a lot of fun....i have friends in bands and one day will play live on stage...it may only happen once but it will happen!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    very cool trev....i think gigging would be a lot of fun....i have friends in bands and one day will play live on stage...it may only happen once but it will happen!!

ww
    Gigging can be a blast - or a lot of work. Depends on the night, crowd etc. We got a friend of ours up to play guitar a couple of weeks ago. He's pretty good, but a bedroom player. After playing in front of about 200 frantic (and half plastered) dancers, we couldn't have wiped the grin off his face with a shovel to the head

WW, you can join us anytime on stage - but you may want to change out of the plaid shorts. It's still a little breezy here in the frozen North

Trev

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728

ww
    You can always play at a pancake breakfast at the local firehouse.
    I pick a moon dog.