Thread: Price increases for Strats???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Price increases for Strats???

So, I'm looking around a bit today, and I see that MIM Strats have gone up $30.00... What gives?

I've read on other forums that there may be improvements in the works... Anybody have specifics? I certainly don't mind paying $30.00 more for a guitar over the previous year model, especially if the company has gone through the trouble of making a better product...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Fender guitars in general have gone up a LOT in some areas. I bought my first American Deluxe back in 2004 for $949. Now they are selling for $1049-$1100+. American Standard Telecasters were around $700 when I bought mine a little over a year ago - now they are close to $1000! Ouch!

MIMs are still the best deal in town IMHO, I own 2 MIAs and 2 MIMs. Out of those four, I find the MIMs more fun. I find upgrading and customizing your guitar is half the fun. If I tear apart a $1,000+ MIA, most likely I’ll be devaluing my guitar. Upgrading a MIM will raise its value. If you screw up, it doesn’t wind up costing you much. Both of my MIMs are heavily upgraded and people who play them can’t believe how good they are with the upgrades I’ve made.

Squiers are also super deals… I’m really eyeing the Black & Chrome Tele right now… plenty of twang for the buck!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW MIM strats

new mims, have thicker/chunky square style tremolo blocks, newer voiced pickups and better quality wiring... i've done a few mods on these new ones at the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Bear
    Do the different trem blocks make any difference that you can hear? Feel?
    Are the pickups alnico or ceramic?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Trem. The MIMs are just fun guitars to mod. What do you guys think of a tortoise shell pickguard on the vintage sunburst body?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Tone
    Your avatar is freaking me out!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Tone
    Your avatar is freaking me out!
    I can tell by the looks of you.... hahahaha
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    I agree with Trem. The MIMs are just fun guitars to mod. What do you guys think of a tortoise shell pickguard on the vintage sunburst body?
    I used to not like tortoise shell, but I'm gaining a much better appreciation of it these days.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

The prices have gone up a LOT in the past year or two. I paid $939 USD for my 1st American Deluxe Strat. Now they are $1200! Ouch!

At least the color selections are becoming much better...
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    With black pickup covers and knobs, and gold hardware, I think that would be a classy looking guitar! If I ever get the money to do a build project, that's a color scheme I was looking at.

It sounds like Fender at least accompanied the price hike with an upgrade. I can live with that.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Default MIM STrats

new tremolo block is has extremely good sustain and due to the extra mass of the tremolo block you can now actually use the tremolo regularly and only have to tune after a few songs. The new pickups are alright also, they now sound warmer i find... but i'm not really a strat man.. the wiring is where the money is worth it here... no more stiff wires and low quality soder... the new pickups read an increase in output by 0.01 Ohms which changes the frequency a bit, wiring makes for less tone lost at the jack.

It was a much needed modification to the Standard strat... but didn't validate a price increase... i find the MIM strats were a little overpriced before, but now.... they are decent.

Now, i wanta see options on the TELECASTER Standards, GOD... same ol plain jane teles don't do it for me anymore... i want some fair options like the standard strat.
    Last edited by Bigbear; March 18th, 2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: I can't spell for shit.