Thread: A fret net rookie needs some help so please help me!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default A fret net rookie needs some help so please help me!!!

I need some advice and I mean ADVICE.

I am a bass guitar beginner and have been playing a bad guitar for about 6 months but I'm learning some great songs as well.
    The dillemma I'm having is what to get for a new bass guitar.

I now have a crappy and I mean crappy, memphis bass guitar that has alot of dead spots.

I'm selling that because its a piece of junk and want to upgrade as much as I can without degrading my wallet as much as possible.

So I looked around and the best guitar I've seen for cheap is

http://www.music123.com/Fullerton-Cu...-i291100.music

its a fullerton cutlass bass (99$)

It looks like it has active electronics and the price for whats there is great

please respond so I can have some good advice to base my decison on.

Please give me some advice!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That looks pretty good to me. Heck for the price it's a steal. The nice thing about 123 is that if you don't like it you can send it back. I'd say go for it unless you are ready to be a major player and are willing to spend $500-$1,000.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another question

thanks for the response but I'm still skeptical about a 500$ plus guitar getting marked down so much and the quality . Also I don't know what to look for for the materials or "specs" on the guitar. For example when looking for a bass guitar what is the most valuable thing, neck material, pickups or bridge.

-well again thanks for the response and I"m looking forward to anyone that can give me a tip on the guitar and if it is a good buy

Post Thanks / Like

For $100 I'd get it if I were you. A new bass with those features at that price is unheard of. Besides there is a return policy with 123. No worries.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Before you settle on this, you should check out what Rondo has to offer in their SX line. A number of folks on this forum (including myself) have bought SX bass guitars and had good luck with them. On mine, a fretless jazz clone, I replaced the pots and jack (inexpensive upgrade if you can solder), and I also put a Badass II bridge on mine. It plays wonderfully!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus 2 on the SX bass! I love mine, a jazz bass.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus 3 on my SX jazz bass but I still need to learn more on how to play it.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, it looks AWESOME, but i don't shop online, so I wouldn't know about the policies. I'd say GET IT!!!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25