Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Great White "...Once Bitten"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great White "...Once Bitten"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great White "...Once Bitten"

GREAT WHITE "...ONCE BITTEN"

I have had a melody playing in my head for some time now, and I could not remember what song it was from.. until today! I was listening to a 80´s metal internet radio station and they started playing "Rock Me", and it sounds just a good as it did when I heard it the first time! "...Once Bitten" is in my opinion the finest 80´s hair metal experience and if you haven´t heard it before I suggest that you get it a.s.a.p!
    There´s not a bad song on the entire album, and if you dig that rack mounted (with hush©fromthebone) push/pull gain amph sound your in for a treat
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I think Great White was underated as far as being a great 80s band. I really dug that clean guitar part at the beginning of "Rock Me" and I liked their music videos.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

You dont hear much of this great (pun intended) band nowadays, so if you are american please sign the internet radio petition (check the thread that Spud created). We want more people to hear this kind of quality music, and not only the current top 10 tracks!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh the memories.... and not a Jackson, Ibanez or Charvel in sight!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygqAO6fgNHU
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

..."There's blood on my amp....and my Les Paul's beat....."

Oh and 80s babes. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

You guys don't know about the tragedy?

It happened very near to where I live and i almost went to this show. Lost a friend of a friend.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast...ightclub.fire/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Oh the memories.... and not a Jackson, Ibanez or Charvel in sight!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygqAO6fgNHU
    Sweet! Now this is what all this guitar stuff is about!

Lev, there is a nice Kramer if you look closely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe

It happened very near to where I live and i almost went to this show. Lost a friend of a friend.

Yeah that was a tragedy I remember that. Can you imagine how the group felt after that?

Post Thanks / Like

I´m very sorry to hear about that Moshe! I never heard about this before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    There's video of that event just before the fire got out of control. It's somewhere on the internet you just have to look for it. Really sad and like I said...if I was one of the guys in the band I would have been devastated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sweet! Now this is what all this guitar stuff is about!

Lev, there is a nice Kramer if you look closely

....and the bass player has a Jackson - attention to detail was never my strong point
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I actually heard Great White (or rather, the singer and guitarist) on the radio just last week while driving to school, on the Adam Corolla show. They performed Led Zep's "Going to California" and Jack Russell (singer) didn't sound half bad for going straight to the board with no effects.

I also read that they're doing a one shot with Poison and Ratt in the next few months and that will probably end up being a full blown summer tour. Hopefully, they'll come SOMEWHERE near Oregon so I can see them. I always used to catch Poison's summer tours when I lived in Chicago a few years ago and once moving here, it's like no one ever stops by. But, I digress....those shows are always a lot of fun and I've actually seen both Great White and Ratt at different Poison summer tours. Good performances on all of the band's parts (even though I was never much of a Great White fan back in the hairband days).

Post Thanks / Like

No problem SuperSwede. And "Rock me" is a fargin' kick *** song. It really sucks that this happened. Great White has lawsuits out their ears. And I'm not very comfortable around pyrotechnic displays anymore...Nothing good came from this..

Post Thanks / Like

No problem SuperSwede. And "Rock me" is a fargin' kick *** song. It really sucks that this happened. Great White has lawsuits out their ears. And I'm not very comfortable around pyrotechnic displays anymore...Nothing good came from this..
    It still is a kick *** song, check out this video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4WSccjg-II
    Babes and pointy head guitars, what more could a man ask for? lol

And I hope that I didnt stir up too many feelings for you with this thread Moshe.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you go dissin' pointies, there SS

"Once Bitten" is a good 80s album. When talking about 80s hair metal bands, a friend of mine and I would use the name "Great White Lion Snake" since so many bands had at least one of those words or some combination in their name.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold

"Once Bitten" is a good 80s album. When talking about 80s hair metal bands, a friend of mine and I would use the name "Great White Lion Snake" since so many bands had at least one of those words or some combination in their name.
    I would never do that
    Actually I would really like to have a H S S pointy guitar with a floyd rose for those rack mounted moments. A friend of mine had a fantastic looking Charvette guitar with a nice lightning storm all across the body. What a nice guitar, you could pull that trem arm all day and it never went out of tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold

Great White Lion Snake! That's awesome Marnold!

Post Thanks / Like

So...just looking at that album cover...ever wonder...who the heck that is? Is she in the band? Why is she on the cover? Strange.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    So...just looking at that album cover...ever wonder...who the heck that is? Is she in the band? Why is she on the cover? Strange.
    Because it's a late 80's hard rock album. I think that about sums up every comment one can make regarding the cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast