Thread: George Harrison

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default George Harrison

I watched this on youtube last night - almost moved me to tears, especially the final chorus with Sir Paul and Clapton singing to each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwKTX...elated&search=

..and also the sheer emotion of Claptons playing in While My Guitar Gently Weeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8rcw...elated&search=
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

This is the most amazing DVD that I own. You can really feel the spirit of George. The music is perfect, the sound is phenomenal, and the playing is inspired. Best DVD buy I've made: Concert For George.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. This is the best music DVD that I own. It's kind of a wake for George Harrison done by all of his music buddies. It has some incredible performances in it. My favorite part is at the end where they guy plays "I'll See You in My Dreams"

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Dang that's awesome! I got choked up. I love George he's my favorite Beatle.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    ..and also the sheer emotion of Claptons playing in While My Guitar Gently Weeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8rcw...elated&search=
    I always enjoy watching that section of the DVD... Seeing George's son at the end reaching out to eric... excellent song.

I recently had the chance to see Imagine John Lennon DVD, which now sits as the best beatles DVD for me. Just being able to see them all start together, up to the last song they played together in public on Apples roof. Parts with George and John together are pretty neat. There is one part that George is telling Paul in a studio he will play or not play any way Paul wants it, to make him happy... excellent DVD. some clips can be found at of course youtube also...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a huge DVD concert collection and The Concert for George is without a doubt the best one and the one I rewatch most. The playing and emotion exhibited by all participants on that one, wonderful evening is just amazing. No matter how many times I watch this, I ALWAYS get choked up when Joe Brown closes with I'll See You in my Dreams.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Being a Beatle freak, I went to see Paul McCartney on his last tour when they came through our city. I took my daughter with me for her 14th birthday since she is also a big fan of the Beatles.

One of the best parts of the concert was where Paul talked about George and himself hanging out together as young kids learning to play the guitar listening to early rock&roll records from their early heros. He said that he and George were trying to learn this simple classical guitar rendition of a Bach tune and never really got it right, so they kind of made up their own way of playing it. This little finger picking pattern that Paul made up with George later became the song Blackbird. It was really cool to hear that story and to think that Paul and George were really guys like the rest of us, crazy about guitars, always looking for a new thing to learn on the guitar.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

That was very moving, thanks Lev.
    I pick a moon dog.