Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
How about an SX SKY model?

Thread: How about an SX SKY model?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How about an SX SKY model?

http://www.rondomusic.net/product950.html

Looks pretty sweet! It does say SRY on the pickguard, doesn't it?

For $110, it's pretty tempting to get one of those...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it actually says "SKY", which I guess would stand for "Stevie Kay Yaughan". But a little work with a small chisel or similar cutting tool and some black plastic filler could fix that right up, huh? Boy, they got it to look really close to the $1500 "real thing"! Tempting indeed!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding, really looks sweet. Even has the "lefty" wang bar.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Has anyone played with that "lefty" whammy bar? I don't even use my "righty" as yet, but am curious.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice call DVM, I didn't notice, I just assumed at a quick glance.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Geez....a "SKY"???

First thing I would do is change that pickguard
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that SRV switched to the lefty cause that's how Hendrix's setup was (but opposite) and he was trying to get into Jimi's mojo.
    Then I heard an interview with SRV where it called it a "wang bar". That has a slightly different meaning around here, actually.
    But whatever you call it, I have not messed with much either at this point.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

SRV's guitar may have even been like that when he purchased it at the pawn shop or wherever he got it (with the lefty trem). There are some great stories about that guitar in his biographies. Check out the articles too about Fender when they were doing the SRV signature guitar....they were amazed at how the guitar was routed and plugged for that tremelo. Even moreso, the guitar had been broken near the headstock, and the repair, according to the Fender guys who examined it, was better than anything they ever saw.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.