Back in 77 i bought a gibson sg jr 2 single coils and funky pickup switches at my local music store .. had it for about 2 weeks and traded it for a beat old strat at the same music store ..i was a regular at that store , spent all my money there , records or gear , used to fetch coffee for the guys who worked there , all musical gods in my eyes back then , anyway got this old beat strat for the sg jr which i paid 200 bucks for , and old strats were pretty common back then , no case carried it home wrapped in a green glad garbage bag.. plugged it in to an garnet lil rock amp i had and ..nothing..brought it back to the shop and the guys in the back took it appart re soldered the 3-way switch and it came alive , the date on the pickups was apr 63 , it was also stamped on the neck butt , no big deal back then it was only 14 years old back then .. but it was the best strat i've ever played , i did not know good tone from bad tone then but it had a neck and and feel not to mention hardly any finish left on it , it was totally beat ..i remember taking it appart and applying the stripper to remove the remaining finish on the body then coating it in linseed oil , it then had a natural finish with a beautiful rosewood neck..had it for about two years and then traded it for a ampeg v4 set up ... now i'd love to have it back obviously the value even with its original finish long gone would be somewhere near 8000-10, 000 ,i miss that one more than any other ..6S9L