Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Gibson L6-S? Anyone?

Thread: Gibson L6-S? Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson L6-S? Anyone?

I saw one of these in a local music store I do business with. The owner is selling it consignment on Ebay for a customer. I looked it up and its a awesome guitar, and would complement my collection, BUT, he is wanting waaaay to much for it and I don't want to tell him he's off his rocker cause I have been doing business (well my mother has at least and I have since I was 13... im 25 now) since I was six. I want this guitar but I only feel its worth 350, and he wants 600+ for it. Its a mid 70's model that has been put thru the ringer. What do I do? Do I stiff up and tell him no way, your out of your mind, or do I jump on it. I looked up the guitar and it CAN go from 150 (modded from OEM) to 600 in prestine condition. Its in alright shape with no case. Help me fretters!
    Last edited by LagrangeCalvert; March 27th, 2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: missing things

Post Thanks / Like

Something I often do is to look through eBay completed auctions and see what the same model in similar condition has brought there. If you can find some matches, it gives a direct comparison of what people are actually paying.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The L6S was almost my first good electric guitar. I went for an ash Strat instead.

Unless it's in perfect shape I feel he's a little high. True, they aren't made any more but it's not that great of a guitar to begin with so the price shouldn't be very high. $450 maybe for a little Gibson history.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The L6s was a great guitar. The maple body and the chrome pickups with the rotary switch gave it a bright, almost strat like sound. I would love to find a decent used one. They've been going on Ebay for way too much. I've seen a few go for almost $1000.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos Santana and Keith Richards both used these and Bill lawrence had his hand in designing/making them.The pups are his design also .They have been going for $500-1000 on ebay,in all sorts of conditions!(with without cases) I've never seen these for $150 or really $350 for that matter even in a trashed out condition. I agree with spudman $400-500 seems fair for a mid 70's historic gibson.(IMHO) These 70's and 80's gibsons are going to go up in price and have already!ude: