Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fullerton ST3 3 Single-Coil Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar (Closeout) $49! - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Fullerton ST3 3 Single-Coil Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar (Closeout) $49!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    DANG! You guys are going to get me divorced . . .
    HAR! ...actually I'm compensating for all the gear I lost while I was married

...sometimes divorce can be a good thing

anyway... There's back bow in the little Silvertone guitar which can't be fixed through truss rod adjustment... but again, I just don't view it as a big deal... the amp/tuner/strap/DVD/guitar body that came in that pack was EASILY worth more than $39... the amp is actually rather impressive... so it's all good...

I gotta say, the grain and the cherry-burst on the Silvertone body is totally beautiful... I'm gonna put a different neck on it and upgrade all the hardware... at some point, it will be a great little guitar...
    Instruments: Robin Medley, MIM Squier Strat, '70 Vibe Ash Strat Homebrew, #39, Fender Texas Tele Special, 51, Agile LP2500, Fullerton FT4, Silvertone LP Clone, Taylor Big Baby, "the thing", Fluegelhorn, JammerPro.

Amps: Boogie Studio .22+, '64 Gibson GA-19-RVT Falcon, VOX AD30VT, Valve Jr, Mosvalve MV-962, 2X12 Cab w/Eminance Sheffields, the amp of death

Effects: Bad Monkey, Dano FAB Distortion, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, Dano Cool Cat, Dano EQ, Arion Digital Delay, J-Station

...my tunes here

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I was lucky, 'cuz I've read about quite a few neck problems on these closeout guitars. I got two Fullerton ST4's and one Aria Strat knockoff, and the neck is straight as a string on all of 'em!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone is still in need of one of the Standard Body Fullertons, they are still available - just not if you browse the guitars or search by name. If you search by product #, they still show up and are in stock - just had a black and red delivered here to work for 2 co-workers. They are still available in black and blue.

Black
    Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Default About the Floyd Rose ST-4

If anyone was wondering about the ST-4 with floyd rose tremolo, I got one. The FR seams to be identical to the Gotoh version, which gets reasonably positive reviews. Took about 5 minutes total time to get it in tune the first time. Has stayed in tune through my attempts at stressing it.

The neck is typical ST-4, straight but will need some serious filing or dremeling.

Post Thanks / Like

went for a little different look on my red-reverse burst
    Last edited by Big K; December 9th, 2007 at 01:42 PM.
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I like!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick follow up on my Silvertone with the bad neck bow which was uncurable with a truss rod adjustment... under normal circumstance the guitar would have gone right back, but I figured that for the $39.99 I spent, no foul... the amp/body/tuner were easily worth twice the total price... so... I found an article describing how to heat the neck with a clothes iron to soften the glue holding the fretboard in place... then, through the use of clamps the slight repositioning of the fretboard would cure the bow...

Well... I tried it last night... heated the neck up real good and then clamped it to a chunk of 2X4 so that it was slightly past flat... then I let it sit overnight... after work today I unclamped it, put it back on the body and voila! ...I'll be damned if it's not completely fixed... the bow which caused it to be completely unplayable is now gone...it now plays like butter... YeeHaw!!

...just thought I'd share
    Instruments: Robin Medley, MIM Squier Strat, '70 Vibe Ash Strat Homebrew, #39, Fender Texas Tele Special, 51, Agile LP2500, Fullerton FT4, Silvertone LP Clone, Taylor Big Baby, "the thing", Fluegelhorn, JammerPro.

Amps: Boogie Studio .22+, '64 Gibson GA-19-RVT Falcon, VOX AD30VT, Valve Jr, Mosvalve MV-962, 2X12 Cab w/Eminance Sheffields, the amp of death

Effects: Bad Monkey, Dano FAB Distortion, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, Dano Cool Cat, Dano EQ, Arion Digital Delay, J-Station

...my tunes here

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my Fully Strat Sunburst w/ GFS overwound p'ups, Fender Champion 30 Reverb amp, and Behringer OD100 & NR100 pedals.

Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking good there WackyT!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice WackyT !

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Tuxedo contrasting look...... good job...

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! It's meager, but I like the sound. The Fender sounds a lot better than the little practice amp that came with the Fullerton pack. I'm using the eMedia Guitar Methods Ver. 2 CD to learn by.

I like that look also, Big K.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

I got the standard strat kit as a gift and loving it! Since then, I've purchased a Squire '51 and looking to mod both..

Anyway, any of you try different pickguards for the Fullerton Strat? Is it the same size as the ones you can buy at GFS or other sites?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dyle
    I got the standard strat kit as a gift and loving it! Since then, I've purchased a Squire '51 and looking to mod both..

Anyway, any of you try different pickguards for the Fullerton Strat? Is it the same size as the ones you can buy at GFS or other sites?
    I dunno. They look pretty unique. I haven't ever seen an aftermarket pickguard shaped like it. I'm not saying that there aren't any. I've just never seen one. Some folks will custom cut one for you though.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mentioned it, the pick guards aren't similar at all! I wanted a black one with the black fullerton strat and aged plastic pickups and knobs. I think that would have looked cool. Maybe i'll go a different route now.

In the meantime, I'm just going to continue playing with it since it is a guitar after all

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was going to do a tracing of the PG on my son's SSS to try to adapt so I could add one to my ST4 which does not have one. I will have to place the holes for the controls differently, etc. Then I was going to see about ordering one, or the material to make one.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

anyone try a stock "Strat" replacement and see how it fits or what would need to be cut down to make it work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ST3's for $30 8-16-07

Saw some ST 3's on the bay going for $30. Great value! Ten for the guitar and 20 for shipping.

http://search.ebay.com/jet-guitars_W...fsooZ1QQfsopZ3

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

pes_laul Guest

i played one of those the other day and i was amazed on what it played like though since i only own one guitar myself i would probaly buy something a little more solid

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast