Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Fullerton ST3 3 Single-Coil Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar (Closeout) $49!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tremoloman, I may try it out you know me not a Strat Fan in general but at that price WOW. I also have a fellow co worker who is interested in this site. Call my wife and I when you can.

The Freak..............................
    For those who dare to be good, it aint enough, therefore you should strive to be great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to bring this back from the dead,

But the Fullerton ST3 was my first guitar, and it brought me into the world of guitars. Overall I think it was the perfect starter instrument and the only problem I have noticed overtime is feedback issues. Now I have been playing for around six months and I'm starting to develop my own style.

After I compared this to my friends' guitars, I concluded that this is probably the best cheap Spin Off strat you can buy. It's better than most Squier strats by far.

I'm also just wondering if anyone has customized theirs with any particular pickups?

Can't wait till I get my second guitar...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you deevo. Mine required getting rid of some fret sprout but otherwise are a well made (in the Aria factory) guitar. I haven't felt the need to replace anything on them and just take them for how they are with their own unique sound.
    The deal was just too good to pass up and for the price are an amazingly good deal.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Aside from having to hand file the fret ends, my ST4 is well very made. I am in a state of denial about this, but deep down I know that its build quality is actually better than my Squier '51 and is close to my MIM Strat. I've thought about modding it, but I think the beauty of it is how good it is for the rediculous $26.99 I paid, so I've decided to leave it alone. If only it were a little more pleasing to the eye. If you told me I could only keep $100 worth of gear and the rest I had to give up, I'd keep my Fullerton ST4, my Line6 Toneport GX, and a pick and I'd be thrilled.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    I paid, so I've decided to leave it alone. If only it were a little more pleasing to the eye.
    Take it apart and throw some lighter fluid on the body and let her burn. Voila, instant relic.

Post Thanks / Like

Snap, I'm loving this forum already!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deevo117
    After I compared this to my friends' guitars, I concluded that this is probably the best cheap Spin Off strat you can buy. It's better than most Squier strats by far.

I'm also just wondering if anyone has customized theirs with any particular pickups?
    installed GFS Overwounds in the neck & Middle positions and swapped a 14k no-name humbucker in the bridge....
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    installed GFS Overwounds in the neck & Middle positions and swapped a 14k no-name humbucker in the bridge....
    And..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    And..........
    I like the way it sounds with the replacement pickups

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    I like the way it sounds with the replacement pickups
    And how is the sound different from the stock pickups?

Post Thanks / Like

The neck and middle replacement single coils have more snap/bite than the Fullerton stockers when alone and a nice quack when in position 4, well worth the <$20 bucks from G-Fetish, and as an added (subjective) bonus, I like the contrast of white covers/knobs against the dark background.

Post Thanks / Like

That Looks Awesome Big K!

Yeah I've been looking at GFS pickups myself they seem really great for the buck.

Did you install those yourselves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deevo117
    That Looks Awesome Big K!

Yeah I've been looking at GFS pickups myself they seem really great for the buck.

Did you install those yourselves?
    I think the branded GFS pickups are as fine to my old ears as any other name brand I've installed in the past. The quality of the cheapie closeouts were a somewhat unexpected great suprise. Yes, I have done all my own guitar mods so far: pickups, pots, switches, shielding, re-wiring, tuning keys and a re-fret.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So my son and I shared some time tonight playing on the things he is practicing and he sounds really good on his ST-3 (Santa got it for him as part of the Strat pack with a cheap amp for like $50 something) through his new Peavey Vyper on the XXX model. He loves the Rect. (rectifier) model too, and I really love the Plexi, among others. What a great beginner setup! I am kinda sad I sold my Fully now. But Player will be happy. Anyway, these are good guitars and it is amazing what a guitar costing less than $50 through a $200 Peavey Vypyr modeling amph can do. Both are great little tools.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112