Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fullerton ST3 3 Single-Coil Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar (Closeout) $49! - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullerton ST3 3 Single-Coil Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar (Closeout) $49!

Post Thanks / Like

I sat here with my eyes closed and there is no way that I can tell what guitar you are playing. It sounds totally authentic and professional. Ain't it funny that the pedal cost 3 times the price of the guitar?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Ain't it funny that the pedal cost 3 times the price of the guitar?
    AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Seriously, Robert, was great. I think it shows the nice overdriven tone the ZYS can add while still being very transparent. And that Fullerton Strat sounds unbelievable for the price! I have the HSS version en route right now, and can hardly wait to plug in my "Fat Fully" and hear how good that one sounds!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you got a rosewood necked guitar. You sound different with one. Cool video.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Good Video Robert. That one will boost both the hitrate on your youtube page, as well as the interest in fine btq pedals!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

I highly agree.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, every time I think I'm getting better at guitar I watch one of your videos and it makes me want to hang it up. Damn you are good my friend!

What a killer tone on the Fullerton too! Seems like you got a nice one!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Un-freakin'-believeable....

My "Fat Fully" (ST4 HSS model) was delivered here to work this morning, and I just can't get over what $60 (delivered!!) will buy. I definitely got "one of the good ones", because not only is the neck straight as a string, but the action is set up just the way I like it, too. Low enough to play fast, and nothing but the slightest hint of a buzz on a couple of strings. The intonation needs to be tweaked some, but that's pretty typical for most new guitars, even ones 20x this price. The strings and neck feel a little sticky right from the factory, but I'm sure that will clean right up. The finish on the rosewood fingerboard is among the best I've ever encountered on a cheap guitar, much better than most Squiers I've seen.

Yes, as everyone else has commented, the fret ends are fairly ragged and will needed to be filed or sanded smooth. The knobs and switches feel nice and substantial, not chintzy at all. Ditto on the tuners. The "reverse red burst" finish is quite attractive, and a bit unusual as well. You can see some wood grain lines coming through the finish if you view it at an extreme angle, but from anything +/- 60 deg. from vertical, it looks great. There's one small ding in the finish on the left-front about at the height where the neck ends, but you have look close to even notice it.

Tone-wise, I'll need to plug it into an amp before I can really judge, but I did bring the Arion Hot-Watt II headphone amp I bought last week on MF's "Stupid Deal of the Day" and tried it through that. The two single coil pickups seem to articulate nicely and didn't sound that much different than my Strat did through the Hot-Watt II. The humbucker sounded nice and full, with a pretty good growl to it. But you get very little bottom with the Arion headphone rig, so I really need to hear it through a proper amp to evaluate the p'ups fully.

In any case, this guitar is easily worth 2 - 3x what Music123 is charging for it. So if you're thinking about picking up one of these as a backup guitar, for one of your kids, as a gift, etc., my advice is GO FOR IT!!!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

ALERT everyone!!!

The ST4 (black only) priced at $29.99 ($26.99 after 10% discount) just a few minutes ago. I couldn't resist. Got two for my nephews!! Less than $60 shipped for TWO!! Crazy man...that is the price I paid for for the ONE reverse sunburst I got last week. I hope they arrive as nice as it did....

http://www.music123.com/Fullerton-ST...-i291049.music
    Gear:
    Guitars:
    1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom - Black w/Gold hardware
    Fender "Custom Shop" Stratocaster - Black
    2010 Martin D-1
    2002 Silver Satin Pearl Ovation CK057 Celebrity Acoustic-Electric Guitar
    70's Aria 12-String Acoustic
    Old Parlor Guitar
    Several Fullertons...LOL.

Amps:
    Pre 1980 Peavey Rhythm Master 400
    1996 Marshall Valvestate VS265
    Marshall MG-15RCD 15 Watt Combo with Reverb

Post Thanks / Like

That's just NUTS!!!

Grab 'em, guys--you won't be sorry!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    That's just NUTS!!!

Grab 'em, guys--you won't be sorry!!
    I sure wasn't. If they are as near setup as the reverse sunburst i got last week....wow. Remember though, ya'll, the frets are not smooth on the sides. I haven't sanded mine yet. Hope I do it correctly.
    Gear:
    Guitars:
    2010 Martin D-1
    Old Parlor Guitar

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Here you go... Fullerton with the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer!

1% - you can use fine sand paper. Wrap it around a stick or something so you can focus on sanding the fret end and not the neck. I often sand the whole neck anyway and add a few coats of Tru-oil - makes the neck nice and smooth.
    Robert,
    Do I use regular wood sandpaper or the kind that is for metal? And can I find Tru-oil locally?
    Gear:
    Guitars:
    2010 Martin D-1
    Old Parlor Guitar

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Must....not....yield....

Play your guitar daily!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the1percent
    Robert,
    Do I use regular wood sandpaper or the kind that is for metal? And can I find Tru-oil locally?
    Just fine sand paper made for wood. Tru-oil you can find in a gun shop.

Insane deals on the Fullertons! I can not believe this - completely nuts!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap!!! I don't believe it!!!

Like you I couldn't resist... I bought two of them myself! Well I've now got some kick a$$ gifts to give my cousins when their birthdays come around!

Thanks for the update!

-Trem

Quote Originally Posted by the1percent
    ALERT everyone!!!

The ST4 (black only) priced at $29.99 ($26.99 after 10% discount) just a few minutes ago. I couldn't resist. Got two for my nephews!! Less than $60 shipped for TWO!! Crazy man...that is the price I paid for for the ONE reverse sunburst I got last week. I hope they arrive as nice as it did....

http://www.music123.com/Fullerton-ST...-i291049.music
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I bought another, too! I'll stick it in the closet for a gift when needed!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

went for a red reverse burst this time..if it arrives near the quality of the first one, wow what a deal.. pretty soon they will be adding credit to the visa cards when they send these out....jeez how low can they go?
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad there's no leftys, only rightys.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thread!
    First a deal, then reviews, vids, got to hear Robert and Vood's Screamer, mods, supplier links, some skynyrd and then a better deal! After all that, had to buy one too.
    Thanks for the tips!
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

WackyT: get one, re-string it to a lefty, change the strap holders and play it Hendrix style..... For the price
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast