Thread: SST 57 Replacement Pickups?

Post Thanks / Like

Default SST 57 Replacement Pickups?

Since I can't seem to leave anything alone its time to do something to my stock SX strat. I thought the replacement GFS's I had installed on a couple of recently departed guitars sounded good for the money expended so I think they will be the selected brand, but which ones to select is my latest dilemma? I haven't put a meter on the stock units but they seem to be about equal in strength to my worn out ears. I am between either a Texas type of setup maybe replacing only the bridge pickup, a set of the Lil Killers, a set of 60's-70's Grey Bottom Overwound's, a set of Premium Overwound Alnico's a set of Strat "Texas" Alnico's or ???.... Looking for a something a little warmer to drive into a little crunchier sound when cranked, still smooth at less than full bore and not lose that quack entirely on positions 2 & 4...might be chasing Mission Impossible but looking for some expert advice before making the plunge.

any past experiences with GFS replacements or suggestions appreciated?
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of premium over wound punchy and at less the ten have a good sound classic glass over tone

Post Thanks / Like

thanks snarpf
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....