Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PodXT

Post Thanks / Like

Default PodXT

I got sick and tired of the bad USB latency and sound problems of my Mi4 interface so I decided to send it back to the dealer. Now I have no possibility to use my Tonelab properly so I just put it out on the net for sale.
    So what do I do now? Well I need a working USB solution, and the only thing that came to my mind was the PodXT, so I ordered one today.

So who else has a PodXT?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Not me buddy but the sounds on the POD 2.0 are awesome you've heard them! You'll love your XT.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad...I could have gotten you one cheap!!!

Ive gotta buddy, who has all but given up on his Pod to the point he gave it to me to try and program it...Ive done everything but plug it in, first thing I did was go online looking for patches...even that was a bit much! So I decided to ask him for the manual...the phrase "too much of a good thing" comes to mind.

His plan is to sell in ebay and buy 3-4 good pedals to replace it. Probably has 10 hours on it, tops.

Post Thanks / Like

I have played on a PodXT before, and they sound really good. Perhaps not as good as the tonelab when it comes to old tube amps, but the PodXT can do other things better. I really want a working solution, and the PodXT seems to be just that.
    Btw, how does the PodXT (or even the Pod2.0, t2tb?) respond to pedals?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Not me buddy but the sounds on the POD 2.0 are awesome you've heard them! You'll love your XT.
    Yup, and imagine how lovely the 2.0 will sound with a Classic 50´s strat in surf green

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of pedals would you use? Modulation effects or overdrives? The amp models sound killer by themselves you don't need no stinking pedals. I'm sure the XT has reverb,delay, chorus, flanging etc. like 2.0 has...you can do all kinds of neat stuff. You can tweak certain knobs on the POD to get them to produce more overdrive or have more treble output etc. I'm sure you can do that with the XT also.

The killer sounding track I sent you awhile back was all on the POD. Yeah a cool surf green 50s Strat would be cool but my old faithful MIM did the job well. Too bad about the Tonelab but trust me you will dig the PODXT.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey SS, why didn't you get one these Toneport magic boxes like I have! Mine rox - and it's cheaper than the Pod XT. The sounds are pretty much the same I think? It uses USB and I don't have any issues with it. The Gearbox software is fantastic.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget guys I still have a PodXT live for sale if anyone get a hankering to buy it. It is in like new condition I just never could bond with it and I really did try. Oops I see you already bought one.........
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

SS, I'd go for the TONEPORT.
    I am more than satisfied with the Toneport.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I agree that the toneport is a nice piece of equipment.. but I really want all the amp models that the full PodXT can give me. And I already have 2 great sounding software amp modelers (Guitar Rig 2 & Amplitube 2) and I want a stand-alone unit to offload the computer when I record. I also want to be able to pick it up and bring it to a friend. And I need to have a low latency USB interface, so it had to be the PodXT. I´m also planning to purchase at least two of the amp packs that line6 offers, the collectors classic pack seems really nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Dont forget guys I still have a PodXT live for sale if anyone get a hankering to buy it. It is in like new condition I just never could bond with it and I really did try. Oops I see you already bought one.........

Mark, what are you wanting for it?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.. I got my PodXT today!

I am NOT amazed yet, but new units with preset patches usually dont sound very good. I have made a few sounds already, but I still have to say that the Tonlab does the amp & mic thing better than the XT. Still not a bad machine, and it will probably become better once I learn how to tweak it properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Get an amph!!! j/k

Go manual on the models brother. You know you're a manual kinda dude.

Post Thanks / Like

Swede, I'm a Line 6 fan. I have had my XT since early '04. I have all the model packs and am running the latest firmware. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. The stock tones are shit compared to what a little tweaking will yield. Customtone.com is a great place to begin searching for a tone you have in mind. I still prefer to tweak. 90% of all my recordings over the past several years have been done with the XT. The fact that updates are still made for this product and that there is a HUGE patch repository speaks volumes for Line 6.

Here are some of my favorite patches for you to play with:
    Last edited by stingx; December 10th, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Swede, I'm a Line 6 fan. I have had my XT since early '04. I have all the model packs and am running the latest firmware. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. The stock tones are shit compared to what a little tweaking will yield. Customtone.com is a great place to begin searching for a tone you have in mind. I still prefer to tweak. 90% of all my recordings over the past several years have been done with the XT. The fact that updates are still made for this product and that there is a HUGE patch repository speaks volumes for Line 6.

Here are some of my favorite patches for you to play with:
    One more:
    Last edited by stingx; December 10th, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete, I already had the Rob Tognoni patches and they sound really good! I downloaded all the other banks.

T2tb, get an amp? I just bought over 40 packed into a red kidney bean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Thanks Pete, I already had the Rob Tognoni patches and they sound really good! I downloaded all the other banks.

T2tb, get an amp? I just bought over 40 packed into a red kidney bean.
    Then what are you cryin' for! LMAO I think some sweet recordings of that killer Schecter are in order sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Then what are you cryin' for! LMAO I think some sweet recordings of that killer Schecter are in order sir.
    Dear Sir or Madam,

That could be arranged. Just be sure to record your lesbian friend paul with a healthy dose of that zonkin drive of yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Dear Sir or Madam,

That could be arranged. Just be sure to record your lesbian friend paul with a healthy dose of that zonkin drive of yours.
    You know, I actually knew what you meant by this? Middle or neck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast