Thread: Robert's Herringbone Funk Jam?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Robert's Herringbone Funk Jam?

Hello All,

I know Robert has another webpage with his music on it but for some reason I passed this piece right on by and thought I would bring it up for all to hear, it was so inspriring, I want to jam on this song but I can't find the track.
    Robert would you be able to share any of the cord shapes that you breeze through? Would be a nice lesson to go over some of the stuff on that song?

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-14.php Awesome!

M29

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, M29! Errhm, I don't remember anything from that long ago. I am not a young man anymore! Haha! Chord shapes? I'll have to go back and see what I was up to!

I got the track online somewhere. I'll see if I can get permission to re-post it here.

Glad you liked it. I shall do more jams like that, now that I have my looper pedal.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I missed that one too. Funny, you play exactly the same licks that I did on that track...not.

Seriously though, pretty nice sound and style. Why the heck aren't you working with an artist of some notoriety? You got the stuff man.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

I looked in a search for the track but all I found was some Red Aunts punk band and some nasty old bugs.

Maybe not chord shapes but I like how you go in and out of some two and three note things and then into the riffs. Maybe these are turnarounds? I have no idea what I am doing but I sure am having fun.

Awesome I must say!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is - http://www.eddegenaro.com/Anton/HerringboneBT.mp3

Have fun. Glad you like!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a million Robert.

Any suggestions on where to get fusion type backing tracks?

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Red Ant, the creator or Herringbone, posted this at a forum - http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1546120