Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Need help

Thread: Need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help

I bought a new Seymour Duncan pickup today and all the wires are inside a black..wire, how do take them out, do I need some tool?

Post Thanks / Like

What exact SD model, Cranium?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

lil 59, I already removed some of the black wire, can you tell me where I can buy some heatshirk or masked tape?

Edit: Can you also tell me which one is better? Thanks .
    Last edited by Cranium; April 11th, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    lil 59, I already removed some of the black wire, can you tell me where I can buy some heatshirk or masked tape?

Edit: Can you also tell me which one is better? Thanks .
    1) Radio Shack or other electronics supply store.

2) Better for what?? The answer depends on what you're trying to achieve with the pickup change.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to fit the lil 59 into the pickguard!!!! Whats going on here?
    Last edited by Cranium; April 11th, 2007 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Photos, man, we need photos!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Also the screwes that came with the pickup don't actualy fit in it either..., sorry DVM no photos until I figure out the problem.

Update: I managed to fit the pickup and the screwes but after an hour of soldering I can't seem to get it to work, I don't know whats wrong.
    Last edited by Cranium; April 11th, 2007 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: After this experience I know one thing for sure, I'm never buying Seymour Duncan pickups again unless someone installs them for me, plus I never managed to make it work either, I might go to a store and have them reinstall the pickup(s), I'm definatley sticking to dimarzio from now on...
    Last edited by Cranium; April 11th, 2007 at 10:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If this was your first time, I can understand why you got confused. Do some research before attempting any new mods to your guitar. That is why they invented Google. Once you understand the basics, it become easy to understand how to perform the mods. We all started where you are. You will be a pro before you know it. Hang in there.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I installed my first Dimarzio pickup in my strat just fine but this was my first time installing a Seymour Duncan pickup, it was horrible, I'm gonna go and have a shop install it for me but this will be the last time I'm buying a SD.