Thread: Epiphone Aj-45 - El-00

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone Aj-45 - El-00

I got the bug again...

I want an acoustic to beat around on the porch this summer, forget it outside over night by the hammock etc.. always wanted a Gibsonish type acoustic... sooo..
    I finally narrowed it down to two of them and was wondering if anyone here has first hand knowledge on either?

Epiphone Limited Edition 1963 AJ-45 $299.00

This is a full Dreadnought type with soft shoulders and a solid spruce top.. I assume it's voiced like it's big brother from Gibson and would be a good all around guitar. Being a limited model, I assume I don't have much time to waste on this one.. But at the same time I wonder if I will try to baby it due to the fact its a limited? whatcha Think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tic?sku=512540

Epiphone El-00 $349.00

This one takes you back to the parlors and the 1930's.. leaning on the design of the old Gibson L-00, comes with a solid spruce top. Seems to get some good reviews online for the tone. The widest part is larger than the L-00 and they say it has some bass, but not like a full size Dread. I am thinking this is the size for knocking around outside with.. and some old blues and ragtime sounds.. whatcha think?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=518369

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I am sooo confused.. I am also looking at the John Lennon Epi.. ej-160e! What a pretty guitar... but soooo BIG...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not looking for one, I have a spanish one I already love, they're friggin' awesome.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Once I've got my amp situation sorted out, I think my next major purpose is going to be a smaller-bodied acoustic for fingerstyle stuff. Something that doesn't take a lot of driving to make sing like my bigass Guild does. That EL-00 looks like just the thing for me.

Although... hm. The AJ-45 comes in red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Once I've got my amp situation sorted out, I think my next major purpose is going to be a smaller-bodied acoustic for fingerstyle stuff. Something that doesn't take a lot of driving to make sing like my bigass Guild does. That EL-00 looks like just the thing for me.

Although... hm. The AJ-45 comes in red.
    I don't have an acoustic & am presently in a confused state as to whether my next guitar should be a new electric (semihollow P90s is the current GAS inducer) or an acoustic.

Fingerstyle all the way!

No beating up & leaving on the porch, however.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I don't have an acoustic & am presently in a confused state as to whether my next guitar should be a new electric (semihollow P90s is the current GAS inducer) or an acoustic.

Fingerstyle all the way!

No beating up & leaving on the porch, however.

You've GOTTA get an acoustic, I tell ya! They're a much different animal from the electric, but I guarantee it will help your electric playing too.

Epiphone makes a lot of fine acoustics....I used to have an Epi acoustic (sorry, can't remember what exact model it was...it actually belonged to my wife, but I kept it when we split up - traded her a piece of furniture for it).
    Unfortunately I left that acoustic in front of a space-heater one night , and it completely dried out the wood and ruined the sound. WAAAUUGH!
    Electrics: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/S.D. pups - JB-4/bridge, SH-'59 neck), Fender Fat Strat (Mexican), Squier Fat Tele, Squier '51, Agile Valkyrie III, Ibanez Artcore AF75, Washburn OS OE30 Delta King, Dean Vendetta XM (w/ Dimarzios, D-Sonic/bridge, Air Norton/neck), Silvertone archtop (late 60s/early 70s), Titan EG-1 strat, Gibson G-3 bass, Fullerton strat

Acoustics: Sigma DM-5 (Japanese), Silvertone archtop (early 50s), Yamaha FG-110 (Korean), Alvarez RD20 12 string, Silvertone (60s)

Amps: Alamo Capri (early 60s tube), Alamo Challenger (late 60s tube) Epiphone Valve Jr. Head (w/Peavey 1x10 cab & Realistic 2x6 cab), Fender Yale Reverb, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Marshall Lead 12, Behringer G110 V-Tone, Marshall MG15CD, Vox DA-5, Pignose 7-100, Marshall Bass 12

Post Thanks / Like

Epi AJ-45 limited edition...

The black or cherry ones (but NOT sunburst) are the Stupid Deal at MF today...$249.00, if anyones still interested.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal