Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DVM's Zonkin Yellow Screamer pedal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVM's Zonkin Yellow Screamer pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVM's Zonkin Yellow Screamer pedal

Yesterday I recieved my ZYS from Duhvoodooman if your not aware these pedals are of his design based loosely on the TS 808 but taken to a new level and the height of perfection. The workmanship of this pedal and the internal circuit board is very clean and professional in it's layout and execution. Having built amps and servicing my own vintage amps, pedals like these are quite labor intensive as it is all on a very small tight layout.

How does it sound..well I wont bore you with nor is it my style to go on about the various sonic colors of the tonal timbre's and how the notes bloom into a warm smooth sweet sustain. I will tell you I love this pedal! I have a TS-9 I modified to original 808 spec and a Tonebone classic. (the Tonebone is on its way to Canada for warranty repair..bummer) The ZYS is the most versatile OD pedal I have used. The touted Landgraff pedal (which I have used) while nice doesnt have the versatility of the ZYS. The ZYS plays really well with my other pedals and sounds great with my all my amps and guitars. With an adjustable tone knob plus the rotary Gain/boost switch on top of the normal level and drive knobs then throw in a three position mode switch for the different clipping diodes you have and unreal choice of tone. From clean boost to full on cranked this little sucker does it all and goose it with another pedal and you have even more versatility. All I can say is Im very pleased with this pedal. DVH thank you very much, I know these were a lot of work but you can sure be proud of the end result!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I could top Mark's comments as he explained the pedal's magic very well. I too am very pleased with the high fidelity sounds it produces. This pedal is very transparent and doesn't at all color the original tone of your amph...for this I am truly grateful! As Mark implied you can produce just about any tone and drive you can imagine. It's like having several of this planet's best overdrive pedals all in one...only this Zonkin' Screamer makes the best of the best sound better! Thank you Voodooman, you're brilliant!!!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, fellas, you're embarassing me with all that effusive praise!

Thanks very much for your kind comments and I'm glad to hear that your new Zonkin' Yellow Screamers have met your expectations!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I just received mine! I will report back as soon as I can.

It smells like good ol' paint too - I love handmade stuff!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well folks say goodbye to Robert for a while. That little yeller box is addictive!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Rob - That was the very first thing that I noticed too when I opened the package was that wonderful scent of fresh pedal...I mean finish! Ahhhhhhhh Wait till you're on it, you won't eat....you won't go to the bathroom....you'll shut everyone out for hours. Have fun.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I played it for a few minutes at lunch. It'a Zonkin' good! Wow, so many options! I used my '51 through my Hellhound, very nice, very nice... I almost got fuzz tones out of this babe.

I think I am in love all over again...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude go ahead and cry man we understand. LOL Told you!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey VDM - the only complaint I have is the lack of a battery holder of some sort. I guess I'll stuff some foam around the battery just so it doesn't fly around too much and hurt dem thingy majjigas in thar.

Thanks A LOT for making such an insanely cool pedal! It so flexible, it's like having a whole bunch of pedals in one. Keeps a guy busy, ya know?

You rock, DVM!

Now, next thing we want is a Zonkin' vibe pedal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey VDM - the only complaint I have is the lack of a battery holder of some sort. I guess I'll stuff some foam around the battery just so it doesn't fly around too much and hurt dem thingy majjigas in thar.

Thanks A LOT for making such an insanely cool pedal! It so flexible, it's like having a whole bunch of pedals in one. Keeps a guy busy, ya know?

You rock, DVM!

Now, next thing we want is a Zonkin' vibe pedal!
    What a coincidence! I'm looking at a souped-up version of BYOC's phaser kit which includes a switchable Univibe mod!

Good input on the battery thing. I never think twice about it because I never use batteries, but a lot of the world does. Will address that in future versions. Yeah, a little foam rubber packing material trimmed to shape would be what I'd use.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the ZYS's guys!!!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I want one of those vibe babies if they sound good, DVM! Then how about an Octave Fuzz pedal? Haha - we can find ways to keep you busy!!

I have to tell you, shhh, it's a secret... the ZYS is da bomb! I love the sounds I can squeeze out of it. I love my Bad Monkey, but I think I may have spanked this monkey for the last time! I have a jam night on Wed, and poor monkey will have to stay home. I'm bringing my new yellow friend.

It's a screamer, DVM - thanks again for a fantastic pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Then how about an Octave Fuzz pedal? Haha - we can find ways to keep you busy!!
    Well, what a coincidence! Check out one of BYOC's newest kits!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, not sure I like the sound of that one that much.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like a Voodoo'ized Phaser.

Post Thanks / Like

The mighty mouse (a k a RAT) seems like a nice kit!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Which opamp do you guys prefer the most?

Post Thanks / Like

Of the four I included with the ZYS, I like the RP4558P and the LM833N. The latter is particularly good for single note stuff, and I like the former for chord work. Your mileage may vary!

My overall favorite TS opamp is one I came across after the initial bunch I tested--the TI TLC2272ACP. Better fidelity and note articulation than most, but still a nice smooth distortion sound that doesn't sound as sterile as some of the more expensive "high fidelity" opamps. I've had one of these in my personal ZYS for the better part of two months now. They go for $1.55 apiece at Mouser.com.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert
    I haven't even started switching mine around yet so I'm afraid I'm not able to say yet which I prefer.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got to see one today! I stopped by Spud's for a short visit between games while we were in his town for the kids' soccer tourney. Didn't get a chance to hear it in person though. Will have to make a follow up trip. It looked SO cool there in person. Nice job on the cosmetics DVM!

Saw some really cool guitars too! So many different tones just playing around with them acoustically. I picked out one or two I especially liked in the short time we had for playing around. Steve, thanks for letting us drop over!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast