Thread: Guitar Fetish PUPS..opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar Fetish PUPS..opinions?

I was thinking about buying a set of the Boston Blues they have on their site instead of the Seymour Duncan quarter pounders for strats that have been on back order for three months now. If any of you have exp. with Guitar Fetish pups please let me know what you think. Im just stuck on which set to get: The vintage wound or the texas wound.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using Strat "Texas" Alnico Stagger Pickup Set I03 on my '70s' Strat and have no complaints what so ever! True solid Strat sound!!

We're talkin' Jimi tone to Jimmy tone with all the Clap-tone in between.

Not trying to go on like a comercial but these beasties have all the punch, twang and quack you'll ever need and you can't beat the price for the quality.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter just ordered a set of the boston blues texas wound when she gets them can let you know how they sound I have a couple sets of pickups from GFS and have been totally amazed with them

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a set of over wound premiums and they got every thing they claim them and more

Post Thanks / Like

Well put the boston blues set in my daughters american std last weekend Not very good at reviewing or describing things all i can say is I ordered myself a set for a strat project I have I like the vintage sound and these have it with a little more bite and sustain..The boyz and I are playing a benefit tomorrow and are recording it planning on using my daughters strat on a couple songs so I will post a clip

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a set that were listed as stock but when they got to me I got a notice the bridge is out of stock for at least 30 days *sigh*

I'll let you know how they sound once I get them installed.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

well....I got a really good deal on some other pups to throw in my strat....I had a JB in the bridge...so I did some swapping and presto...this is what you get!

www.myspace.com/evanisyourenemy

I wont be getting the GFS pups...but if another project guitar shows up, then I will.

BTW...thats a mexican strat.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.