Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got a Myspace profile????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Myspace profile????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a Myspace profile????

Whom of you got a myspace profile?

I just created one for my band.

www.myspace.com/thirdreunionmusic

I just felt it was about time and I was happy if I could add some of you as friends there at myspace:-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to set one up, but haven't really figured out how and where to edit it?? Any pointers?

Can you do up some stuff in an HTML editor like FrontPage and paste it in somewhere or what?

The "Help" section isn't much help - basically says, "lots of stuff you can do here, talk to some folks in the forum". That's cool and all, but what the heck are the basics?

Any and all advice would be welcome!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

www.myspace.com/evanisyourenemy thats my personal page

Our bands page is second chance at eden..... just look it up.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    I'm trying to set one up, but haven't really figured out how and where to edit it?? Any pointers?

Can you do up some stuff in an HTML editor like FrontPage and paste it in somewhere or what?

The "Help" section isn't much help - basically says, "lots of stuff you can do here, talk to some folks in the forum". That's cool and all, but what the heck are the basics?

Trev
    Press MUSIC on the starting page and then the option "setting up an artist profile" - I guess they call it that way in English.

Enter the info and upload your songs. Pretty easy!

Regarding HTML, there is quite a bunch of tutorials online. I found a German one that explained everything. It is really easy. Copy and paste a HTML code and add the address to your picture you want to set as a background....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, I'll be your friend, Jimi! My page is at www.myspace.com/ro3b.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33

Trev
    I have one for family etc.. it's very easy using online layouts etc.. just google for something like myspace layouts and there will be many pages to do walk thrus for backgrounds colors etc..... then you basicly copy/paste the info into myspace.. you can even embed Youtube videos and those available at myspace etc..

Personally.. I think you can make your own web page better without myspace if you have space available thru provider.. but.. for free and seeing every child I have has a myspace with their kids pictures there..I am also there..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only made one for my band, but it pretty much broke up, so I'm using it,
    it's:
    www.myspace.com/thetierants
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

This is mine:

http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Take a look if you wish
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Post Thanks / Like

Nothin fancy...no band...just me...http://www.myspace.com/shortbusx

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Yall are quick! Thanks for the adds!

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

welcome Brian , nice playin and righteous tone ...6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    welcome Brian , nice playin and righteous tone ...6S9L
    Somebody liked my playing and tone! Haha, a first.

Thanks!

PS-- put in add requests to everyone who's posted so far in this thread. So if you got an add from someone you don't know, it could be me!

Post Thanks / Like

Awe man, I found the mother of all Van Halen pages!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/evhshoes

I snubbed it at first, but upon further review...its got lots of damn good videos and great friend links!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are way to cool. My son started one for me when he was home visiting from the Navy for Christmas. The only thing is I do not know what to do with it.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    You guys are way to cool. My son started one for me when he was home visiting from the Navy for Christmas. The only thing is I do not know what to do with it.
    Well, you can go to any of our pages linked above and click on "add friend," and then when we approve your "add request" we'll show up on your page as a friend of yours. If you have some news you want to share (like if you wanted to sell a piece of gear, or something), you can send a "bulletin" and it will go to all your myspace "friends." It's pretty handy for people in bands to do promo with.

Speaking of which, I officially joined a third band I had previously sat in with a couple times in the past (I'd sat in on bass in the past, buy they asked me to join as a guitarist), their myspace page is here:

http://www.myspace.com/DynamiteCharade

I don't run the page, but anybody should feel to add them if they like. Btw Tim, I see you're in St. Augustine. The singer for this new side band I joined, Dynamite Charade, lives there too. The other 3 of us live here in Gainesville. The singer drives over for our shows in GVL, but maybe sometime we'll all go up there instead!

Last, since I'm new I'm not playing on any of the songs on the Dynamite Charade page.

Post Thanks / Like

www.myspace.com/rocknrollshaman

Hey........a bit of fun and homage............forgive my recordings....a little bit of harmless amusement.................
    You don't stop playing the guitar because you are old....You get old because you have stopped playing the guitar.

www.myspace.com/rocknrollshaman

Post Thanks / Like

What kinda car is that? Volvo? Saab? Alfa? I cant tell...but looks saweeet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast