Thread: The Robert Cray Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Robert Cray Strat

Anyone have one? Anyone like hard tail Strats? I'm gassing for the purple one......
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Sustain, superior tone and fantastic looks.. what are you waiting for? A quick flash of el credito and she (he?) is all yours to command.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a pocket full of change burning a hole in it. Cashola only buddy.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

How many of your gringo money does she cost?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    How many of your gringo money does she cost?
    Well the one I told you about is long gone. I can't remember how much that one was but the new ones are $650.00 for the MIM and the Custom Artist model is $2,200.00

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out the MIM on Fender.com and its looking really good. I think that the one I tried was the american version, but the MIM is no doubt a very fine guitar. I wonder what those "custom vintage pickups" sound like!
    650 is not that much for such a mundane item

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Sustain, superior tone and fantastic looks..
    Just the other day, DVM or Tone, was just saying how the trem cavity was part of the signature strat tone

My mini strat is a hardtail...I like it, but makes me wonder why they dont make the fancy(RC) hardtail strats string through bodys?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Just the other day, DVM or Tone, was just saying how the trem cavity was part of the signature strat tone

My mini strat is a hardtail...I like it, but makes me wonder why they dont make the fancy(RC) hardtail strats string through bodys?
    I'm a bit confused with your replies.

My MIM is trem and yeah it does the signature Strat sound wonderfully you're right. Hardtails are going to be a different kind of spank. Think Tele spank but on a Strat...and yes the RCs are string through body.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX

Sure, a hardtail strat doesn´t sound exactly like a trem equipped strat, but its got qualities of its own. By losing the trem you get more mass (no cavity) which gives (and this is all my own opinion) a more full sound, and the sustain increases as well.