Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return of the greats - Spinal Tap Reunion

Post Thanks / Like

They have a tour website - Unwigged and Unplugged - watch out US and Canada - lockup your wallets :

Tickets go on sale this week :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I'd call him 'classic old school.' His playing reminds me a lot of Alice Cooper's guitarists and that bloke with Bowie on the Spiders album. Certainly an accomplished player.
    You're right, there is definitely more than a little Mick Ronson in Guest's playing. Perhaps that's why it's always appealed to me as I am a big Bowie fan, particularly the albums with Ronson.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

It's such a fine line between stupid... and clever.

I always dug Mick Ronson's playing...now I have to go back and listen to some Tufnel, err, Guest, to hear the comparisons you guys are making....

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Song

A song from the new album is now available here.
    Back From the Dead

The album comes out mid June 2009

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You can download a track from the new album. It is called Saucy Jack.

The "Unstopable Tour" has been canceled. I guess it was stoppable after all.
    http://spinaltap.com/news.html

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! They finally got around to doing something with the Saucy Jack concept, David's rock musical based on the life of Jack the Ripper. Looking forward to hearing this. Downloading now. Thanks Spud.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12