Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi from the Sunshine State! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from the Sunshine State!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Well let's start out with punk rockers and have 'em work up to lawyers.

One day at a time, sweet Jesus!
    I've nothing against punk rockers.....

I like punk.

.....................................OK, lawyers are fine too.

You are correct sir! Breadwinner. The Viper was a bit more conventional.

Thanks for the welcomes lads.
    How does it play? Is it only for the looks?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would be hardpressed to think up a worse potential plaintiff (well, besides Brittney Spears):

1) public figure
    2) invited comment
    3) truth defense
    4) opinion defense

At this point it would be almost impossible to defame her!
    Plus she would be a poor and uncontrollable witness and useless to her own case! As to other worse potential plaintiffs, that could open up a huge discussion! LOL!

Hi Brian Krashpad! Steve here. I take it from the latest posts that you are also lawyer. I am on away from the office for a few days and just skimmed your intro. Nice guitars and pics! I am relatively new to guitar, and have been playing for just about a year. Good to have a punk player here. I have been a punk fan for a long time (since college/law school) and am trying to learn a little. I like the influences you mention. Welcome aboard!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the land of the golden pancakes. We like warren here.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome BK, you'll like it here very much - believe me....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Brian. I am presently located in St. Augustine, Florida. Warren I have gotten together twice for lunch and once for a small am session.

You have a nice collection of guitars there. They should keep you busy, just in maintenance alone.

I think you will enjoy the Fret Net.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I've nothing against punk rockers.....

I like punk.

.....................................OK, lawyers are fine too.

How does it play? Is it only for the looks?
    The Breadwinner plays really nicely but the elctronics on it are a bit of a pain. It has active single coils snd is very noisy. Also the recessed bridge basically means you can forget about quick string changes.

Right now mine has some issues that need fixing before I can gig her again.

But she was my first gigging guitar back in the day so she stays.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy bro.
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Brian... love the collection of guitars you've got there. I'm droolin' over that Tele and what looks like a Mustang!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Welcome Brian... love the collection of guitars you've got there. I'm droolin' over that Tele and what looks like a Mustang!
    Thanks, that's an ol' 1960 Duo-Sonic. She needs some work but am holding onto her as it was my first half-decent guitar and my dad did the refinish on her. It's just bare wood with lemon oil.

Your sig cracks me up. Did Mustaine really say that? That guy's certifiable.

Post Thanks / Like

Your sig cracks me up. Did Mustaine really say that? That guy's certifiable.
    Yup... watch Metallica "Cliff 'Em All" and there a spot where Dave is interviewed by a local news reporter. He's walking ahd she's following him and then he just blurts it out off the cuff. God I love Dave!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yup... watch Metallica "Cliff 'Em All" and there a spot where Dave is interviewed by a local news reporter. He's walking ahd she's following him and then he just blurts it out off the cuff. God I love Dave!
    Wasn't he the one who made himself unable to play by punching through a wall?

No Einstein, there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Hello from central Florida!
    Orlando or thereabouts?

I'm so close yet I've only played there once.

But it was fun. At D.I.Y. Records. (R.I.P.)

Post Thanks / Like

Closer to the beaches...in Titusville, across the river from where the Shuttle goes up at.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Closer to the beaches...in Titusville, across the river from where the Shuttle goes up at.
    Ah, I know where that is. Despite having lived in FL since the 70's I finally got to KSC for the first time last year, for a scouting camping trip with El Krashpadito:

We slept under the Saturn V!

Post Thanks / Like

You are thinking of Billy Squier... Dave fell asleep on a chair and it cut the circulation off in his arm for 12 hours rendering his arm useless. He didn't accept that and rehabilited himself to a point where he can play better than before.
    Wasn't he the one who made himself unable to play by punching through a wall?

No Einstein, there.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

You are thinking of Billy Squier... Dave fell asleep on a chair and it cut the circulation off in his arm for 12 hours rendering his arm useless. He didn't accept that and rehabilited himself to a point where he can play better than before.
    Ah, my bad. But I was thinking the wall-punch thing was somebody metal.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome Krashpad .. nice collection , look foreward to your posts ,that rick looks pretty ..320? , 6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast