Thread: Epi WildKat Demo and Blues jam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epi WildKat Demo and Blues jam

Upon request from a couple members. I did two different clips. The first is just a 'clean' sound demo, noodling. I used the clean channel of my AmpTramp, but used a lotta pedals with it: compressor, chorus, slap back delay and reverb. Ran through the pickups and wiggled the Bigsby towards the end.

http://riley-music.com/Music/Guitar%...piKatClean.mp3

The next clips is a 'Gary Moorish' blues backing. I started on a clean channel with my AmpTramp, then switched to the Plexi channel half way through and then clicked on a treble booster to really make it rip. Excuse my clammy playing in spots, I'm a tad rusty!

http://riley-music.com/Music/Guitar%...atBluesJam.mp3
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Riley. Thanks you for the wonderful sound clips. The sound of your guitar is very warm, thick and woody and I love the slight percussive sound it develops when you pick a tone. Great instrument. I really like both clips, although I personally see that the character comes through a little bit better in the clean version. Be wise and never sell that guitar. The bluesy sound is very BB like.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Riley
    Tonefull and tasty, I must say. Sounds like a keeper to me for sure.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely dig those tones Riley.

My next ax is most definitely a hollow or semihollow with P90's. I was thinking Reverend Club King 290 or Manta Ray 290. A long time ago I had thought about the *Kat series & had forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Riley suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!!!!!

Man, that's good stuff. Lovely tones.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, and very tasteful.