Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pix of my "Fat Fully"

Thread: Pix of my "Fat Fully"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pix of my "Fat Fully"

Just thought I'd post a couple of pix of my new reversed red burst Fullerton ST4, a.k.a. the "Fat Fully", so interested parties (like those of you with 2, 3 or 4 of these & their brethren on their way to you! ) could see some of the features & finish. Just let me say again that the quality of this guitar is just flat amazing at the price point--even when it was priced at $100! The neck on mine is a marvel, clearly the best feature of the guitar, IMO--just needs the fret ends filed smooth. The guitar's finish is pretty darned good, too. The pickups are a bit raw and grainy sounding, but they certainly don't lack punch and bite! I haven't opened the back yet to see how the humbucker is wired, and if a coil split is possible. That & a better nut are about the only mods I might bother with, at this point. Bottom-line: just an astonishing value & definitely fun to play!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd the neck

With the "slim" model I'd agree with your assessment, especially the neck. After a loooong time filing the sharp edges of the fret I love the action and feel of the neck.

Post Thanks / Like

I told my wife about the deals on these guitars and jokingly (somewhat) said that I almost bought one for our son. She replied, "Why didn't you?" Crap.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

For those that missed my pics...:P

http://exit3.i-55.com/~slowhand/guitars/fullerton.htm
    Gear:
    Guitars:
    1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom - Black w/Gold hardware
    Fender "Custom Shop" Stratocaster - Black
    2010 Martin D-1
    2002 Silver Satin Pearl Ovation CK057 Celebrity Acoustic-Electric Guitar
    70's Aria 12-String Acoustic
    Old Parlor Guitar
    Several Fullertons...LOL.

Amps:
    Pre 1980 Peavey Rhythm Master 400
    1996 Marshall Valvestate VS265
    Marshall MG-15RCD 15 Watt Combo with Reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Fullertons guys! I wish I had got one in the red trim... it looks so evil and seductive!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I think both guitars look great. I am just slightly turned off by the phallic headstock. Only slightly, mind you.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    I think both guitars look great. I am just slightly turned off by the phallic headstock. Only slightly, mind you.
    I don't think we need Docktor Freud Voodomann to tell us what this means.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Found out another interesting thing about the Fat Fully. The humbucker is wired for coil cut! Though it's not a full-fledged 4-conductor 'bucker that you can do lots of fancy stuff with, it does have a third wire that can be connected to ground and thereby cuts out one of the two coils. This wire is white, and has been clipped short on mine. But I was able to touch the exposed end of the wire to a ground connection and immediately got a thinner, twangier single-coil tone. So any of you with an ST4 who might want to rig up a coil-cut switch will be happy to know that it's feasible with this guitar....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the1percent

Nice sock...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Nice sock...
    You should see my foot.
    Gear:
    Guitars:
    1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom - Black w/Gold hardware
    Fender "Custom Shop" Stratocaster - Black
    2010 Martin D-1
    2002 Silver Satin Pearl Ovation CK057 Celebrity Acoustic-Electric Guitar
    70's Aria 12-String Acoustic
    Old Parlor Guitar
    Several Fullertons...LOL.

Amps:
    Pre 1980 Peavey Rhythm Master 400
    1996 Marshall Valvestate VS265
    Marshall MG-15RCD 15 Watt Combo with Reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Nice-lookin' guits, guys. I was very close to buying one, but honestly I want to keep myself wit only a few guitars...

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

1%, that's not one of those ankle socks is it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice duhvoodooman! What's interesting is upon viewing that I start hearing some Judas Priest instantly!

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I've come across a couple of references on the web that the Fullerton guitar line is manufactured for Music123 by Aria--certainly a well known name in guitars. This also bodes well for that Aria "Strat Pack" I bought during the Music123 closeout extravaganza last week!

Well, whoever makes 'em, them boys is doin' one heckuva job, given what they sell 'em for! I spent some "quality time" with my new Fat Fully over the weekend, and it plays just amazingly well. I still need to replace the cheap nut, and better string trees would be good (the stock ones squeek some on deep bends low down on the neck on the two high strings). I'll probably change the pickups just to hear the difference, but the stock ones are by no means bad--quite good, actually. But I bought a set of those overwound Strat sets that Guitarfetish.com was practically giving away last week, and I still have the '57 humbucker that was in my Epi Dot when I bought it, so I'm going to try them in it, just for grins.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    FWIW, I've come across a couple of references on the web that the Fullerton guitar line is manufactured for Music123 by Aria--certainly a well known name in guitars. This also bodes well for that Aria "Strat Pack" I bought during the Music123 closeout extravaganza last week!

Well, whoever makes 'em, them boys is doin' one heckuva job, given what they sell 'em for! I spent some "quality time" with my new Fat Fully over the weekend, and it plays just amazingly well. I still need to replace the cheap nut, and better string trees would be good (the stock ones squeek some on deep bends low down on the neck on the two high strings). I'll probably change the pickups just to hear the difference, but the stock ones are by no means bad--quite good, actually. But I bought a set of those overwound Strat sets that Guitarfetish.com was practically giving away last week, and I still have the '57 humbucker that was in my Epi Dot when I bought it, so I'm going to try them in it, just for grins.
    Thanks for the follow up DVM. I will watch your mods closely. I want to mod mine just for experimentation. I was thinking some kind of warmer bucker in the bridge, some rail type bucker in the neck, and some tex mex single in the middle. Just what I was thinking. Did you take a look inside yet for wiring purposes? I think I will start a Fat Fully mod thread discussing my plans and for people like you who actually get to it and lead the way!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson