Thread: American Masters Last Nite On Pbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Masters Last Nite On Pbs

Did anyone else see the PBS American Masters series last nite . It featured the amazing story of Ahmet Ertegun and Atlantic Records .I was literally spellbound for the whole 2 hours, while I had certainly heard of Ahmet and read some of the details of his founding of Atlantic I had no idea just how charasmatic and brilliant he really was .. amazing story with tons of interviews , Clapton , Mick , and a cast of hundreds.. heres a link to the series and the show if it's re-broadcast make shure to catch it ... The show points out just how much he brought to the world of music over the past 70 years and just how much we all owe him ... RIP Ahmet . http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmast.../atlantic.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Darn, missed it. Will have to check listings to see if I can pick it up another time. I love PBS music shows.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed that too. Hope they show it again! I'd sure like to watch that.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That would have been awesome to watch.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

D@mn! I went to bed early, suffering as I was from the Plague of Pollen.

Sounds like a great show.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang! I missed it too...oh Well, at least PBS seems to rerun those American Masters shows occassionally...the ones they did on Muddy Waters and Hank Williams Sr. were freakin' great.

Ertegun has always fascinated me, the guy had golden ears...a very important figure in the muic biz, who's influence on rock, r & b, & jazz would be hard to overstate.
    Last edited by guitartist; May 9th, 2007 at 06:55 PM.
    Electrics: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/S.D. pups - JB-4/bridge, SH-'59 neck), Fender Fat Strat (Mexican), Squier Fat Tele, Squier '51, Agile Valkyrie III, Ibanez Artcore AF75, Washburn OS OE30 Delta King, Dean Vendetta XM (w/ Dimarzios, D-Sonic/bridge, Air Norton/neck), Silvertone archtop (late 60s/early 70s), Titan EG-1 strat, Gibson G-3 bass, Fullerton strat

Acoustics: Sigma DM-5 (Japanese), Silvertone archtop (early 50s), Yamaha FG-110 (Korean), Alvarez RD20 12 string, Silvertone (60s)

Amps: Alamo Capri (early 60s tube), Alamo Challenger (late 60s tube) Epiphone Valve Jr. Head (w/Peavey 1x10 cab & Realistic 2x6 cab), Fender Yale Reverb, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Marshall Lead 12, Behringer G110 V-Tone, Marshall MG15CD, Vox DA-5, Pignose 7-100, Marshall Bass 12