Thread: New Acoustic Bass - More GAS

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Acoustic Bass - More GAS

When I began looking at acoustic bass guitars, I was highly impressed with Ibanez' AEB10E-BK. After playing a number of different instruments, I ended up settling on a Stagg acoustic that I got as part of a mass trade. It was a nice bass for sure, but that damned Ibanez just wouldn't leave the back of my mind.

Well, I sold the Stagg and I got a great deal on an Ibanez, so now I have this most beautiful black acoustic/electric bass.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations RA...But we won't believe you until we see pictures.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Congratulations RA...But we won't believe you until we see pictures.
    I took a bunch of pictures of my bass collection the other day. I tried to add a couple to a post here, but they were too big. Anyway, I have uploaded them to the "Photos" section of the Yahoo Group, Bass Players. I believe that this is public, so you should be able to find them by following the link below. Look for "Rob Smith's Basses."

Bass-Players Yahoo Group
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, no. Pictures (and most everything else) are members-only.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see a post about acoustic basses. I've been wanting to play bass again (did so for about 6 months, but it was 25 years ago), but I sure did not like the way that bass amp/speaker cab DOMINATED my living room, so I am GASing for an acoustic bass. Funny, though, every time I looked at a bass guitar, surfed eBay, whatever, all I could find was acoustic/electric basses, and I've been participating in a monthly bluegrass event which is acoustic only. It seems most acoustic basses are made to be plugged into an amp; hence, the proliferation of the acoustic/electric bass guitars. Yuk!!

BUT, folks, there is hope!! I found one that is acoustic only--check out this WAY COOL resonator, F-hole acoustic only bass guitar:

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/bayou4.html

Now, THAT's worth GASing over, IMHO!! (must admit, I'm afraid to check on the price, but there are 2 dealers in the Houston, TX area near where I live, so.......HEEEEERE's DUGLY!!)

Dugly