Thread: Short Zappa Clip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Short Zappa Clip

Been a while since I have recorded anything... Got some new gear, and this is my first "sound check" clip.. A few short runs from "Black Napkins"... Hope you enjoy. Yeah.. its a little rough in places...

http://www.box.net/shared/pajr11c11u
    Last edited by grcsomd; May 6th, 2007 at 06:43 AM.
    Carvin Bolt Kit, Kramer Focus, Ibanez Mikro, Squier Tele, Saga LP Kit / Digitech RP 350, Line6 DI , Kustom 30 Watt SS, Crate V5 && V50

Post Thanks / Like

You know your way on the fretboard for sure. Good playing and recording.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds good to me/Did you see ZPZ?

I thought that sounded quite good. I'm a big fan of both Frank and Dweezil [well, Ahmed too], and enjoyed hearing your take on Black Napkins. Very good Zappa-esque tone you got on that recording, particularly your use of the wah. Did you have a chance to see any of Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa shows? My wife and I saw the show this past fall in Orlando, FL. In a word, wow! Dweezil is everything I hoped he would be live, and more, and Frank would be so proud of the band the kid put together. These people are all top-notch musicians who can bring Frank's music to life as well as Frank's bands or Bogus Pomp [who also do a great job live]. Bozio, Napoleon, and Vai were all spectacular. I can still hear parts of Vai's solos in my head six months later.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on this any chance of hearing Joe's Garage or Jewish Princess now that would be too cool
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I thought that sounded quite good. I'm a big fan of both Frank and Dweezil [well, Ahmed too], and enjoyed hearing your take on Black Napkins. Very good Zappa-esque tone you got on that recording, particularly your use of the wah. Did you have a chance to see any of Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa shows? My wife and I saw the show this past fall in Orlando, FL. In a word, wow! Dweezil is everything I hoped he would be live, and more, and Frank would be so proud of the band the kid put together. These people are all top-notch musicians who can bring Frank's music to life as well as Frank's bands or Bogus Pomp [who also do a great job live]. Bozio, Napoleon, and Vai were all spectacular. I can still hear parts of Vai's solos in my head six months later.
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes I experienced the Oct 30th show in DC.. Great show! Wow is right! I had never seen Frank live so this was a special treat. I really enjoyed Dweezil's performance/solo on "The Torture Never Stops", he really laid it out there. I hope to have the DVD they are producing from this tour soon! In case you want "more" of the Black Napkins type clip I have another six minutes.. just drop me a note..
    Carvin Bolt Kit, Kramer Focus, Ibanez Mikro, Squier Tele, Saga LP Kit / Digitech RP 350, Line6 DI , Kustom 30 Watt SS, Crate V5 && V50

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    Good job on this any chance of hearing Joe's Garage or Jewish Princess now that would be too cool
    I am glad you enoyed it! From Joe's Garage: I have been working on "Watermelon in Easter Hay" for quite a while, almost as long as "Sleep Dirt" but they are/( I am) not ready yet.. I also have plans to figure out "On the Bus" as well. Outside of Joe's Garage I am also working on "Treacherous Cretins", "Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace" and the solo on "Inca Roads". Now being able to play "Ship Ahoy".. that would be incredible!!!
    Last edited by grcsomd; May 16th, 2007 at 11:37 AM.