Thread: The Rutles - the other Beatles

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Rutles - the other Beatles

If you have never heard of the Rutles then you are in for a treat...a mock treat. The Rutles are basically mocking the Beatles career, yet they totally capture the vibe of any particular era with each of their original songs.

Check them out for a trip into nostalgia when the world was a different place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=297zDxqzUJo

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

What's your favorite Rutles album? I'd have to say "A Hard Day's Rut".
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

When you've finished looking at that one click on my favourite Get up and go with "Mel" the roadie getting a kick from "John".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HxNG...elated&search=

Oh "Let it Rot" Is my Fab Favourite album

Post Thanks / Like

I've loved the Rutles since their early days!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rutlemania

As a major Beatles and Monty Python fan, I am a HUGE fan of the Rutles. While their enormous songwriting talent showed through in a lot of Python stuff, Eric Idle and Neil Innes really show how adept musically they are, weaving together songs that simulatenously sound like multiple Beatles songs, and are hilarious as well as catchy. I concur with the others who posted to this thread, if you are into the Beatles, check out the Rutles. Hey, even if [for some bizarre reason] you dislike the Beatles, you will still like the Rutles as they will make you laugh at the Beatles.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer