Thread: Sustaniacs anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sustaniacs anyone?

Hi!

Just wanted to let you all know that I recently bought a sustaniac pickup off of eBay that's extremely rare! When all is done, I will have four pickups in my guitars: the bridge and neck will remain the same. However, the sustainiac will be in the middle next to a single coil, which in turn, will be replaced by a dimebucker.

My question is any of you ever used or played a sustainiac and what are your thoughts (good and bad) about them.

Dan-
    Gear: 1997 Ibanez RG270
    Amp: Fender
    Signal Processor: SGX 2000 Express

Post Thanks / Like

Sustainiac? Is that similar to the Fernandes Sustainer? If so, I can tell you that you are in for a treat!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sustaniac Pickup

I'm going to have to check on it. I'm having problems getting it wired properly.

Dan-
    Gear: 1997 Ibanez RG270
    Amp: Fender
    Signal Processor: SGX 2000 Express

Post Thanks / Like

You should have a luthier install it for you. I´ve heard that the installation is quite tricky.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7KANE
    I'm going to have to check on it. I'm having problems getting it wired properly.

Dan-
    I COULD be wrong, but I THINK that the system only works if you install it under the highest harmonic point (BRIDGE) ..

Might want to check some wiring diagrams before you go too much further.

------------------------

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=676362