Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
TS Clones--Who's Interested?

Thread: TS Clones--Who's Interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Default TS Clones--Who's Interested?

I'm trying to do a little advanced planning. I'm tentatively looking at early June to crank out a few more Tube Screamer-type overdrive pedals. I've laid out the following "product offering" matrix, along with price levels. I'd like to get an idea of who might be interested in which. Running rules will be as before:

• First come, first served.
    • Prices shown don't include shipping. I use US Priority Mail, insured + delivery confirmation. About $10 in the continental US.
    • 50% payment upfront, and the balance due prior to shipment.
    • PayPal or Money Order only. Sorry--no personal checks. Don't even ask.
    • I reserve the right to refuse taking new orders of any models at any time, depending upon how busy I am & how much **** my wife is giving me.

Note that the price on the ZYS is up substantially over the "special introductory price" of $150 that I charged for the first bunch. That's because all the switchable options make these extremely time-consuming to fabricate. Even at $199, I don't know if the ZYS is really a productive use of my time vs. the other models. But it sure is one amazing pedal....

Here's a table I put together showing the features of each model. Note that there are optional clipping configurations available on a couple of them. If you have additional questions or need clarification, shoot me a PM. And if you're interested in buying one of these puppies, contact me the same way:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM must e getting ready for retirement ?

Post Thanks / Like

i'll take 100 of each....but i need them by monday...that gives you the whole weekend to whip them out!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! They are all so tempting...even though I just got the Screamin Banshee.
    I really like mine, and Im playing more because of it!

Ive got one buddy who wants one, hes deciding as we speak.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say it again and not just because Voo is my friend. Everything that I expected my Zonkin Yellow Screamer to do...it does. I am very finicky with stuff as my friends know. It is one bad puppy OD. The ZYS delivers.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

i'm definitely gonna get a ZYS...timing is just bad right now

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

To supplement the summary descriptions of the four DVM overdrive pedal models in the table above, I also put together a description of the tonally important features that distinguish these pedals in the attached PDF document. So if you don't understand some of my comments above or are looking for additional technical detail, give this a read:

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Voodoo, did you ever try these out with a bass, and if so, was it a pleasant experience?
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't, but I think ShortBuSX, who bought the Screamin' Banshee pedal, has a bass player friend who tried it. Maybe he'll chime in here....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and I think I can help with good POSSITIVE observations too!

For starters my buddys (either)amp or bass doesnt respond well to string bending or harmonics...but with this pedal(and the stock opamp) he was in bass string bending heaven! To me it sounded very good, a major improvement over his normal some whatdry tones(he doesnt use effects and his amp is a Fender SS).

I will have to say this though, either he had too much level or too much gain(or both) on the pedal and even though it sounded really cool, his speaker sounded like it wanted to invert itself...but then he tamed the pedal and it sounded great!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I'd definitley recommend for use with a bass would be to use a high cap rating in the high-pass filter to the gain stage and knock the bass rolloff point way down. A 1uf cap with the stock 4.7K resistor would dump it down to 34Hz, which should do the job nicely!

So are ya tempted, Mr. Smith?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

LAST CALL!!!

I'll be ordering parts later this week, so anybody who might be interested in one of these pedals needs to contact me ASAP. This will likely be the last "production run" until some time in the fall.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

When do you need the money for this? I think I may get one of these now too.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably by the weekend. I'll shoot you a PM when I need the 50% prepay.

BTW, which model are you interested in?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    BTW, which model are you interested in?
    You know, Im just being impulsive...I want the ZYS, but I probably should wait until fall. All that talk about gain got me wantin to upgrade and get the Banshee a companion...sorry, I just remembered I get my buddy's Muff pedal after he recieves his Banshee Plus...you said in the fall, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about a ZYS in the fall also. Are you working on any improvements for that model, or is it pretty well set now?
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    You know, Im just being impulsive...I want the ZYS, but I probably should wait until fall. All that talk about gain got me wantin to upgrade and get the Banshee a companion...sorry, I just remembered I get my buddy's Muff pedal after he recieves his Banshee Plus...you said in the fall, right?
    Hey, no problem. Yeah, I think fall will be the earliest I'd be making another batch, but I can't make any promises. I have family, job & church commitments competing for my time....

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    I'm thinking about a ZYS in the fall also. Are you working on any improvements for that model, or is it pretty well set now?
    I think it's pretty well set. My last batch of customers seems pretty satisfied with the feature set! That little yellow box is pretty well packed as it is--not sure I'd have room for anything else!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Yeah, I think fall will be the earliest I'd be making another batch, but I can't make any promises.
    When are you placing your order? Whens the deadline?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    When are you placing your order? Whens the deadline?
    Prolly this weekend.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!